Video: Mark Schlereth on Ezekiel Elliott's holdout and Green Bay's future at quarterback | The Herd

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dumb. You have no idea when injuries will happen, Zeke could have a bad fall or cut and bam! he’s done. Eli Manning has not missed one game due to injury and he’s been in the league 5X? as long as Zeke. Does that mean he’s some special physical specimen or does he know when to get rid of the ball and has been lucky?

Zeke keeps running the way he does and he will get hurt, it’s just a matter of time, book it. He’s also been one of the most fortunate backs in the league due to the O line he has, he doesn’t have to take as many hits and get dog piled by the entire defense like other backs.
Go away Zeke troll hes getting paid and im loving you haters have to watch or leave..

Texanszone awaits you..:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of that, but competitive teams that go through running backs like tissue paper are also the ones that have great passing QBs. They are not RB reliant.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am trying to figure out why Zeke is even holding out at this point.

The Cowboys have shown they are willing to give him a new deal and have put 2 legit offers on the table. Isn't the whole point of holding out to force the team to negotiate a new deal.
They haven't negotiated a new deal. Why do you think he would end his holdout? And only one side has claimed that they've made "legit" offers: Zeke may well disagree (although recent rumor suggests they're getting close. Why would someone throw away their leverage at the very moment it's working?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I thought there were a lot of good points made. The Patriots comments were interesting as well as the Rams probably regretting the Gurley deal.
They're not comparables, because they have coaches who have schemes that aren't entirely talent-dependent.

morasp

Reaction score
They're not comparables, because they have coaches who have schemes that aren't entirely talent-dependent.
The comment was that the Patriots keep a steady stream of young RBs coming in with draft picks because they don't last that long in the NFL. They didn't say anything about making crappy running backs look good due to the system. If we spent a second or third round pick on a running back every other year or even every third year we could do the same thing. There were a ton of good running backs in this years draft. Sony Michel was a first round pick for the Pats.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The comment was that the Patriots keep a steady stream of young RBs coming in with draft picks because they don't last that long in the NFL. They didn't say anything about making crappy running backs look good due to the system. If we spent a second or third round pick on a running back every other year or even every third year we could do the same thing. There were a ton of good running backs in this years draft. Sony Michel was a first round pick for the Pats.
Sure. But it doesn't matter. You can keep having a "stream" of RBs when you don't need a particularly talented one. Dallas absolutely needs a player of Zeke's calibre because of the offense they run.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
More good analysis. Yet, it appears they are going to tether themselves to the Village Idiot. I remain convinced they should not sign Zeke.

Village idiot? Tethered? Pretty hard on the Joneses considering they’re not a new problem.

Unless you’re just noticing

Are you just noticing?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Village idiot? Tethered? Pretty hard on the Joneses considering they’re not a new problem.

Unless you’re just noticing

Are you just noticing?

I know you think you are a really smart guy. If this is your attempt at being high brow, I suggest you find another avenue. The internet is perfect for guys like you.

morasp

Reaction score
Sure. But it doesn't matter. You can keep having a "stream" of RBs when you don't need a particularly talented one. Dallas absolutely needs a player of Zeke's calibre because of the offense they run.
They must have thought Michel had some talent to use a first round pick on him. If the patriots system makes average running backs great they should be able to take one on day two or three and be just fine. We got caught off guard and didn't have a very good answer when Zeke held out. I will be interested to see how Pollard does. Yesterday's Scouts Eye by Broaddus said he's not just a finesse guy but is hitting some people in practice

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yet another “expert” opinion by yet another talking head who isn’t involved in the Zeke’s contract negotiations.

:facepalm::banghead::muttley:
You have more class than that my cowboy brother stop with the funny faces LOL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dumb. You have no idea when injuries will happen, Zeke could have a bad fall or cut and bam! he’s done. Eli Manning has not missed one game due to injury and he’s been in the league 5X? as long as Zeke. Does that mean he’s some special physical specimen or does he know when to get rid of the ball and has been lucky?

Zeke keeps running the way he does and he will get hurt, it’s just a matter of time, book it. He’s also been one of the most fortunate backs in the league due to the O line he has, he doesn’t have to take as many hits and get dog piled by the entire defense like other backs.
It was obvious Zeke was hurt at the end of last season. Totally agree

aria

Reaction score
Go away Zeke troll hes getting paid and im loving you haters have to watch or leave..

Texanszone awaits you..:rolleyes:
Most people never denied he was getting paid. I can’t stand the guy and don’t think we should pay a RB that much money but find one quote of mine that says he wouldn’t get paid because I can provide you at least 10 going back since the hold out that he would get paid. Everyone knew this would happen but it doesn’t mean we have to agree with it.

You better be prepared for Dak to be paid as well.