BREAKING NEWS Markus Paul (S&C Coach) hospitalized from medical emergency - **Updated -- Post 202**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread pulls your character out. On this board, we may disagree at times, or a lot of times. We may be in "left field" with our comments at times. But this is just a game we are commenting on and about the people we're watching play that game. And then something like this happens.

But never is it lost.....that much love to each of you and Cowboy Nation. And always, thoughts for those who have to take a journey like the Paul family.

Much love Cowboy Nation
Very well said.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
All the best to Paul and his family. Reading these stories is a reminder of the tough moments we endure during our lives. Lost my mom when I was 29, and I really feel for those that have lost a close family member. Hardest part about life and everything else we deal with feels so trivial.

Nothing but love to all of you this Thanksgiving.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Has there been any news regarding Coach Paul's status? I've been searching, but haven't found anything. I don't do twitter, so not sure if there's been anything posted there.
You can bet the moment there's any change, it'll be posted here, either in a new thread or the title of this one will be changed.

nobody

Reaction score
Unfortunately no amount of conditioning can overcome congenital defects or other genetic conditions. People in otherwise great health drop dead all the time when some genetic time bomb in their bodies goes off. It's further illustration of just how little we know about the human condition. Which brings me to another aspect of this situation that has been discussed here. The matter of brain death.. I am a firm believer that just because we can't detect brain activity doesn't mean it's not there. Our instruments simply don't reach down far enough. We've all heard stories of people who have been pronounced dead.. even rolled down to the morgue only to revive later.. No explanation .. medical or otherwise.. so we call them miracles.. Here's hoping Mr. Paul gets to be one of those..

Honestly, I think some are legitimate miracles...not all, but some.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
May this remind all of us to live our lives to the fullest. You never know when God is going to give you that tap on the shoulder. I know Markus Paul is still alive at this time, and I pray that he pulls through. With that said, life is precious.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Folks. I think it is important to have a does of reality here. Paul is brain dead. We've heard that from many sources including his doctor. While it is medically possible to not die after brain death, it is extraordinarily unlikely. Further, anyone remaining alive following brain death would end up so deeply impaired that most would view it as a life truly not worth living.

That said, you are all praying for the wrong thing. Pray for his family to have the strength to end his struggle and perhaps allow his organs be harvested for the benefit of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.