Marlin Jackson vs Antrelle Rolle

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone more familiar than I am with both players that can give an honest assessment as to who is the better player?

Also . . . which is the beter character player? I.E. more mature, more respectful, and not just a talented, cocky loudmouth potential malcontent?

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Alright fellas . . . thanks for all your input . . .

Lets go ahead and wrap this thread up with closing thoughts, mmmm'kay?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Midswat said:
Anyone more familiar than I am with both players that can give an honest assessment as to who is the better player?

Also . . . which is the beter character player? I.E. more mature, more respectful, and not just a talented, cocky loudmouth potential malcontent?

I's take either on this team, although niether will make a difference as long as Zimmer runs the D and coaches the DB's

both are outstanding talents, I need to see more of Jackson...my opinion right now is Rolle is the more gifted physical talent

I think both guys have alot of skeletons in their closet off the field

David

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Rolle is the better talent...but he also is a bit of a cocky jerk as well.

I also think that if they (miami and probably rolle as well) go against a team that they do not think has a chance to win (like lousiville thursday) they do not play up to 100%.

Lousiville passed all night on the Canes and I only remember hearing Rolles name mentioned once in making a stop.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know too much about either, other than what I've seen in games, but I'm no player scout.

I like how Rolle is versatile, and how Coker uses him all over the field.

But I know Jackson was considered an elite CB before he slumped off last year after being moved to safety . . . he's back at CB now I believe.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Rolle is a really nice player... as for Marlin Jackson... he and Tito just tagged along for the ride... everyone knows Michael was the real star of the Jackson 5...

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Midswat said:

..nice board,joined to check up on Elmont New York's gift to the nation...as for Rolle...good kid,fine character,son of a Sheriff,active in the Coral Gables community, enjoyed the "and not just" reference....being talented,cocky and occasionally loudmouths have stood the Canes in good stead since 1982...as I recall one of our more boisterous alums played wideout for the Cowboys...