Martellus Bennett

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Achozen;2439602 said:
I just want him to take away all the playing time from Curtis. I want Curtis to be reduced to only being on the field in Jumbo sets.

I agree, I dont know why the Cowboys continue to play Curtis in 2TE sets. Bennett is the far superior receiver and blocker. The only thing I can think of is maybe Curtis knows more of the assignments/routes since he's been here 3yrs, but otherwise I cant see a single reason not to have Bennett out there with Witten as much as possible.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Ender;2439679 said:
funny some people thought we should have kept Fasano

Fasano starts for them, he has 22 catches and 3 tds for the season...he's caught 1 pass in the last 3 games despite playing with a QB that cant throw the ball downfield much

Bennett plays as a 2nd/3rd TE and has 13 catches and 3 tds, and he's averaging almost 16 yds per catch. Not to mention that he's already a better blocker than Fasano ever was.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2439698 said:
One been in the offense for a month other since TC.....careful your bias is showing.

Bias? The word that came to my mind was ignorance.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
casmith07;2439374 said:
Agree that Martellus Bennett was a good pickup. He's much better than Fasano to play opposite of Jason Witten.

1 catch, 1 yard, 1 TD... I think Fasano could have had those numbers.

I love Martellus but I can't see people crying for his release based on Hard Knocks footage one week, and then hanging off his jock the next for 1, 1, 1. I am excited to see what this kid turns into his second season. I would like to see his blocking get better.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2439810 said:
1 catch, 1 yard, 1 TD... I think Fasano could have had those numbers.

I love Martellus but I can't see people crying for his release based on Hard Knocks footage one week, and then hanging off his jock the next for 1, 1, 1. I am excited to see what this kid turns into his second season. I would like to see his blocking get better.

Fasano could have, but never did while with the Cowboys. Bennett has not proved greatness yet and may never be great or even consistently good. He still exceeds anything Fasano did with Dallas as the 2nd tight end.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bennett is a heck of an athlete had he choosen to he could have gone to the NBA as he was highly thought of by many scouts around the NBA. Lucky for Dallas Bennett was more interested in playing football