Martellus block on Peterson

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lifetimeboyzfan;2449384 said:
Does anyone have a clip of the block Martellus threw down field on Peterson? Thank you in advance.
Laying down the smack. I love it!

Reaction score
Cool clip thnx man, Heads up play young man is really turning the corner alot of people thought this young man was a wasted pick (Thnx to the editing dept of Hard Knocks) boy were alot of them wrong he's a baller

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Man I *REALLY* am liking Bennett more and more. Garrett seriously has to get him involved in the game as much as possible.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2450083 said:
Dude is one hell of a third tight end. He has always made plays for us when called upon.

Explain that to Matt McBriar!

BTW, Bennett has been making crushing blocks most of the season.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2450083 said:
Dude is one hell of a third tight end. He has always made plays for us when called upon.

Dude has 7 catches for 29 yards all year long. He hasn't caught a TD (hasn't even made a first down), he managed to fumble once already, and he's made a few whiffs on blocking assignments too. I don't really think I'd call him a "hell of a third TE", I think he's closer to being a "hell of an athlete that is very raw." He has shown flashes of what he can do, but there is a reason that his snaps are decreasing and Bennett's are rising.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2450566 said:
Dude has 7 catches for 29 yards all year long. He hasn't caught a TD (hasn't even made a first down), he managed to fumble once already, and he's made a few whiffs on blocking assignments too. I don't really think I'd call him a "hell of a third TE", I think he's closer to being a "hell of an athlete that is very raw." He has shown flashes of what he can do, but there is a reason that his snaps are decreasing and Bennett's are rising.

I think that has less to do with Curtis and more to do with Bennett, though.

If we released Curtis tomorrow, I doubt he'd have much trouble finding work in this league. He's not great by any stretch, but there are worse third tight ends.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
RainMan;2450571 said:
I think that has less to do with Curtis and more to do with Bennett, though.

If we released Curtis tomorrow, I doubt he'd have much trouble finding work in this league. He's not great by any stretch, but there are worse third tight ends.

If he were released tomorrow, we could promote Rodney Hannah from the PS. He isn't a bad 3rd TE, but he's certain not irreplaceable.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2450584 said:
If he were released tomorrow, we could promote Rodney Hannah from the PS. He isn't a bad 3rd TE, but he's certain not irreplaceable.

Most third tight ends aren't irreplaceable.

But using some perspective of where he ranks among other third tight ends in the league, I'd say he's fairly effective. Hannah's a nice receiving prospect, but can he come in and block in jumbo packages?