Marty-ball is now Billy-ball...

Jersey

Reaction score
Parcels is the new Schottenheimer of the NFL playoffs. Its bad enough when you play the entire season to win by a field goal, but you CAN'T do that in the playoffs. Seattle had 3 guys off the street STARTING in their secondary and we can't design a play to expose them. You also have to love our 3 man pass rush with literally 3 nose tackles applying pressure.
We can all fault the coordinators for lack of creativity, but it the end it all goes through BP. He HAS to realize you can't play 1980's football today.
I know we won't make any assistant coaching changes because that would mean bringing in talent. Any success this would generate would take the credit away from BP. And he won't have any of that!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jersey;1296638 said:
Parcels is the new Schottenheimer of the NFL playoffs. Its bad enough when you play the entire season to win by a field goal, but you CAN'T do that in the playoffs. Seattle had 3 guys off the street STARTING in their secondary and we can't design a play to expose them. You also have to love our 3 man pass rush with literally 3 nose tackles applying pressure.
We can all fault the coordinators for lack of creativity, but it the end it all goes through BP. He HAS to realize you can't play 1980's football today.
I know we won't make any assistant coaching changes because that would mean bringing in talent. Any success this would generate would take the credit away from BP. And he won't have any of that!

Detroit (you know, the team that had gone 2-13 leading up to our game) was also missing half their team. It's an uninspiring, uninspired, has been coach who's lack of inspiration has trickled down to the players.

It's time.

Reaction score
Jersey;1296638 said:

Its also Parcells fault that...

Witten Fumbled
Carpenter dropped a pick
Newman Dropped a Pick
Burnett Holding Call
Nate Jones Holding Call
Romo has small hand
TG fumbled

I agree with the pass rush and think that will be address in the draft. I look for another college rush end to be drafted to spell Ware. Thats what killed this time was an AVERAGE at best pass rush..

zeromaster

Reaction score
I don't think that most of the posters roasting Parcells are giving the players a pass. When the HC has drafted them, and game-planned, and sees the mistakes and continues to trot out the same cast of characters week after week, he bears the ultimate responsibility. If he's not taking them aside and showing them what they're doing wrong, since he's the one with the almighty experience, then he's dropping some of his responsibilities on the floor.

The two (team perfromance and coaching) go hand in hand, but financially it's not practical to jettison 3/4's of the team because the effort is not there. It's sad I agree, but when the coach makes comments like "the same two or three players making the same stupid mistakes" he gets some of the stupid label too for continuing to start them. He drafted them after all, and had presumably all preseason to form an opinion, as well as the entire regular season by this time.

JMO

superpunk

Reaction score
How is it Parcells fault that Tony sucked, Terry and Owens couldn't catch, Terry and Witten suddenly got fumblitis?

How could he have prevented any of that?

Get off his back. The axe is ground enough already. :rolleyes:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
San Diego should go to the SB. One person that can stop them, Shotty.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jersey;1296638 said:

News flash.

To win in the playoffs you have to run the heck out of the football and play good defense.

Its been like that for years.

Thats why San Diego or Baltimore is probably going to win the Superbowl because they can do those 2 things.

We game planned yesterday exactly like you need to to win a playoff game yesterday.

Every team you watch who is going to have any success in the playoffs this year is going to run the heck out of the ball and play great defense just watch.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1297334 said:

Not in my opinion.............;)

Jersey

Reaction score
superpunk;1297334 said:
How is it Parcells fault that Tony sucked, Terry and Owens couldn't catch, Terry and Witten suddenly got fumblitis?

How could he have prevented any of that?

I'm not letting the players off the hook, btw-Newman HAS to make the pick in the endzone. That lead to 3 points in the 2nd qtr (Playmakers make plays).
Anyway, EVERY other staff in the NFL would have exposed the Seahawks secondary issues and had the game well in hand by the 3rd qtr. Maybe I'm over-reacting, but if the Seahawks get beat by more than 10 points next week it will show we were once again severely outcoached.