Martz comments on the Lions offensive skill players

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hostile said:
This is going to end up being a good hire.

I must agree..the man was not a great head coach but he is an outstanding offensive mind to be sure!!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile said:
This is going to end up being a good hire.

I guess we'll see, but Harrington sux as a QB and has terrible accuracy, not to mention this "star" group of receivers have been busts (R Williams is good, but he is hurt an awful lot)

Martz had alot better players with the Rams

David

DLCassidy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I think it's a good thing for (Harrington) to go through. It's a new chapter in my life, and I think it's a nice chapter for Joey."

Hmm....I thought the next chapter for Harrington was going to be the "release" chapter.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I guess we'll see, but Harrington sux as a QB and has terrible accuracy, not to mention this "star" group of receivers have been busts (R Williams is good, but he is hurt an awful lot)

Martz had alot better players with the Rams

David
You had heard of Kurt Warner before Martz' offense made him into a ball machine? Or Marc Bulger?

He has weapons. If he can't make Harrington into a QB, no one can.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigDFan5
How in the hell would Martz know what a 30 carry RB looks like lol

True, but he was the O-Coordinator for the Skins in Norv Turner's best year when they had Stephen Davis, the prototypical 30 carry a game RB.

Martz and Al Saunders share the same offensive philosophies and that's why I think that outside of perhaps throwing to Portis some more, the Skins offense will stay the same as far as whom they feature and whom they throw to and the general scheme and philosophy. Like Martz, Saunders just fits the offense around what his players are best at doing.

Rich........

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You had heard of Kurt Warner before Martz' offense made him into a ball machine? Or Marc Bulger?

He has weapons. If he can't make Harrington into a QB, no one can.

I dont think anyone can, he (Harrington) just isnt very good

and the WR's they have arnt Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, nor is any of their RB's anywhere close to what Marshall Faulk was from 99-2002

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I dont think anyone can, he (Harrington) just isnt very good

and the WR's they have arnt Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, nor is any of their RB's anywhere close to what Marshall Faulk was from 99-2002

David
Few RBs will equal Faulk. They don't need Kevin Jones to though.

They have potentially 3 WRs as opposed to the 2 the Rams had and not a bad TE in Marcus Pollard.

If the OL can execute their blocks and they have a QB (Harrington or anyone else) who can execute Martz's reads this offense could be formidable in a big time hurry.

I'm not big on Charles Rogers but he is a matchup problem and if he's the 3rd guy so much more so.

I have a lot of faith in Roy and Mike Williams being able to be a good tandem.

The bottom line is, when Trent Green went down most thought the Rams goose was cooked. Martz took an unknown in Warner and made him an All Pro. Harrington is a known. If he can grasp the scheme it could make them dangerous.

I won't be shocked if they score points.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Few RBs will equal Faulk. They don't need Kevin Jones to though.

They have potentially 3 WRs as opposed to the 2 the Rams had and not a bad TE in Marcus Pollard.

If the OL can execute their blocks and they have a QB (Harrington or anyone else) who can execute Martz's reads this offense could be formidable in a big time hurry.

I'm not big on Charles Rogers but he is a matchup problem and if he's the 3rd guy so much more so.

I have a lot of faith in Roy and Mike Williams being able to be a good tandem.

The bottom line is, when Trent Green went down most thought the Rams goose was cooked. Martz took an unknown in Warner and made him an All Pro. Harrington is a known. If he can grasp the scheme it could make them dangerous.

I won't be shocked if they score points.

Maybe Martz will run a two TE set with Pollard and BMW :D

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Maybe Martz will run a two TE set with Pollard and BMW :D

Yeah, Mike Williams is heading to be a TE. I have yet to more slower WR than him. :D

IN all seriousness, Mike Mayock, on NFL Network, used to always be probably the only guy who said Mike Williams won't do much in NFL, since he lacks seperation speed. And he has been right on the money so far.

Heck I think Keyshaun has more speed than Mike Williams will ever have. Wonder maybe if he loses 15-20 pounds he might get better sepertion speed, kind of what Maurice Stovall of Notradame did?