Marvin Harrison Jr. not working out at combine or pro day, not getting an agent

EST_1986

Reaction score
We drafted a certain cornerback without interviewing and we paid the price
do a search and you will find the times that happened the teams always regretted it; the few that it did happen
a well run organization does not draft anyone in the first rd; let alone top 5, that they have not interviewed
Nobody is going to regret drafting MHJ

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Hmmm. Ain't the combine supposed to be a player's job interview? I wonder how well that'd go if folks seeking a job applied and told the potential employer, "I ain't gonna interview for your position, but you should hire me anyway."

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hmmm. Ain't the combine supposed to be a player's job interview? I wonder how well that'd go if folks seeking a job applied and told the potential employer, "I ain't gonna interview for your position, but you should hire me anyway."
Not really…players can still meet with teams in a variety of other avenues.

1942willys

Reaction score
An example from over 2 decades ago?!
Jumongous Russel
Johnny Football
There are plenty others but of course you really cannot admit you were wrong no matter if I pulled up a hundred, right?

The biggest busts are pretty much those that are busts between the ears and the best way to prevent a draft mistake are the interviews.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Jumongous Russel
Johnny Football
There are plenty others but of course you really cannot admit you were wrong no matter if I pulled up a hundred, right?

The biggest busts are pretty much those that are busts between the ears and the best way to prevent a draft mistake are the interviews.
We can put a $$ wager on MHJ being a bust since youre so convinced he's in that category just because he'd rather focus on football over the underwear olympics

1942willys

Reaction score
We can put a $$ wager on MHJ being a bust since youre so convinced he's in that category just because he'd rather focus on football over the underwear olympics

I simply pointed out the stupidity of drafting someone you have not checked out which is what you apparently want to do
I bet you are the kind of person that would buy a new car and never test drive it, right?

EST_1986

Reaction score
I simply pointed out the stupidity of drafting someone you have not checked out which is what you apparently want to do
I bet you are the kind of person that would buy a new car and never test drive it, right?
If im aware of the performance history of the car, there is no need

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Pretty smart, when you already know you’re going in the top 3, why give away 10% to an agent? Doing the combine or a pro day won’t move him up higher, you could only fall a few spots.