Marvin Lewis: "LaVar Arrington most undisciplined player I have ever coached"...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Wasn't LT sort of a freelancer?

I never saw him play, but I've heard that he didn't always do what the coaches wanted him to do.
Probably at times but Arrington is no LT

Hiero

Reaction score
arrington's still only 27. After such a big problem in Washington who knows what kind of market there would be for him, or if anyone would even want to sign him. If we could steal him in a situation like that at a discount price it would be a big impact to our D, because Arrington although he freelances, is a big time playmaker when hes healthy.

notherbob

Reaction score
When you train a person over and over to react a particular way under certain conditions and he still reverts to his own during stress, he's either not really paying attention or isn't really learning and maybe even doesn't think it pertains to him.
In any event, he hasn't really made any changes and cannot be said to have learned.

Brave

Reaction score
Manster54 said:
They made a big mistake letting the true leader of their defense, Champ Bailey, go. Portis is decent but just isn't a Gibbs style grinder.
Where, exactly , is this mistake evident?

Washington is playing better defense over the last season and a quarter without Bailey (and largely without Arrington) then they have played in many years.

It's obvious that Greg Williams in the prime reason. There is no single player more important thant the scheme as a whole. Washington has lost Antonio Pierce, Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot and has been without Arrington over the last year+. The result? 2nd or 3rd ranked defense last year and just about the same spot so far this year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anybody remember how players were calling Arrington "Can't Get Right" cuz he was struggling learning Marvin Lewis' defense. Says alot to me that he's done so well just on athletic ability alone. In Norv's regime, he did his own thing. With the past two DC's, he's had problems adjusting to their schemes.

Methinks he has trouble learning. Combine that with a suspect attitude and you have disgruntled player.

Personally, I wouldn't him as a Cowboy.

Brave

Reaction score
Arrington's time in DC appears to be coming to an end. I would not be surprised at a trade or for him to be cut during the off season.

The last year has shown that his is not a leader, not a positive force in the locker room and not a disciplined player. His cap hit is huge next year and his play and character simply don't justify keeping him.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Lavar Arrington is an exceptional linebacker that needs to get on a team that has a coach that can fire him up and get through his thick head.

I would love to see him wearing a Cowboys Jersey. Him and Ware tearing up on Sundays in Texas Stadium would be the bomb.

And I am sure Lavar Arrington could care less what his ex-coach said about him, if he said it at all.

- Mike G.

Mansta54

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Does anybody remember how players were calling Arrington "Can't Get Right" cuz he was struggling learning Marvin Lewis' defense. Says alot to me that he's done so well just on athletic ability alone. In Norv's regime, he did his own thing. With the past two DC's, he's had problems adjusting to their schemes.

Methinks he has trouble learning. Combine that with a suspect attitude and you have disgruntled player.

Personally, I wouldn't him as a Cowboy.

He's a skin, I would NEVER want him... I just don't like mixing the two clubs, seems unnatural.. You know!!!!!