Marvin Lewis

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Completely false. If both guys are on the market looking for an NFL job, Lewis gets hired over Garrett 100 times out of 100. No question...

That's an opinion, and not based on anything I said so it's relevance is only apparent to you. What's fact is Lewis' track record of mediocrity as a head coach.

Again, how about we stop looking at retreads with familiar names? What's next, Jeff Fisher? :rolleyes:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Obviously you guys haven't caught much of the Bengals act wherever you live. I live in Ohio. Lewis' game management skills are no better than Garrett's, his teams routinely kill themselves with stupid penalties when they aren't getting smoked in a playoff game like a deer in the headlights.

How about we pass on Garrett AND Lewis?
At least with Lewis, we would have some semblance of a Defense (something we havent had in the 7 years this guy has been here).

O yea, and we wont pass up on talent in the draft because they arent “RKG”

:facepalm:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Obviously you guys haven't caught much of the Bengals act wherever you live. I live in Ohio. Lewis' game management skills are no better than Garrett's, his teams routinely kill themselves with stupid penalties when they aren't getting smoked in a playoff game like a deer in the headlights.

the end. agreed and we move on.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let's replace one failed head coach whose best days as a DC were in the 90s with another failed head coach whose best days as a DC were in the 90s.

How about we cherry-pick a young assistant off a team whose success has been occurring in recent years, instead of another aging retread?
I've been around coaching for many years and have seen both retreads and young coaches. I've personally been in both shoes. There is no wrong or right, Jason was cherry picked and he's done GREAT!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I live in Texas, so I know more about the Cowboys than you do. Lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'd swear we have fans who would be excited about Marvin Lewis as HC, Norv Turner as OC, and Jeff Fisher as DC, as if that would be markedly different than what we have now. Worse? They're the kinds of moves Jerry would make. :facepalm:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I live in Texas, so I know more about the Cowboys than you do. Lol

I'll bet there are a lot more Cowboys games on TV in Ohio than there are Bengals games on TV in Texas. ;)

And again, Lewis' track record speaks for itself - 15 years, nothing but choke jobs in the playoffs (mostly at home to boot). But I'm sure that would change working for Jerry and his cobweb-covered Super Bowl trophies from the 90s.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll bet there are a lot more Cowboys games on TV in Ohio than there are Bengals games on TV in Texas. ;)

And again, Lewis' track record speaks for itself - 15 years, nothing but choke jobs in the playoffs (mostly at home to boot). But I'm sure that would change working for Jerry and his cobweb-covered Super Bowl trophies from the 90s.
I don't want him to be the head coach! Sheezus, settle down. He must have lost you a few bets or fantasy games

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I'd swear we have fans who would be excited about Marvin Lewis as HC, Norv Turner as OC, and Jeff Fisher as DC, as if that would be markedly different than what we have now. Worse? They're the kinds of moves Jerry would make. :facepalm:
Because we are in football hell with this guy as coach

-The Defense has been terrible every year

-He wasted a top 3 Qb in our franchise career

-His in game blunders have cost us making the playoffs/ playoff games

-He is the epitome of average. We wont be bad enough to get a top 5 pick (if Dak remains healthy), but wont consistently good enough to make/win in the playoffs

-He never accepts responsibility in his mediocre results

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather have Witten and Romo as HC/OC than Garrett or Lewis. I think the team needs a coach and coordinator who know the spread and read option. Art Briles would be good.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Makes sense ........remember the Bengal only team other than the Cowboys where Owner/GMs have dual roles. Marvin has pretty much had a blank check for any players he's wanted. Pushing to FO makes perfect sense IMO. In fact, I could see Jerry doing the same thing with Garrett.

Zordon

Reaction score
Well Garrett officially has the longest leash in the NFL as he is now the most tenured head coach in the league without a Super Bowl win (although Lewis at least won one as the Ravens DC).

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't think any team could take the double dose of .500 mediocrity that Lewis paired with Garrett would bring.

Yeah but his defenses have been consistently above average and they aren't afraid of taking the Burficts of the world on and turning them into productive players

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
*someone mentions an alternative to Garrett*

Me: No thanks.

*instantly turns into a debate between Garrett and the proposed alternative*

Me: Disliking Lewis doesn't equate to liking Garrett. I don't want either of them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*someone mentions an alternative to Garrett*

Me: No thanks.

*instantly turns into a debate between Garrett and the proposed alternative*

Me: Disliking Lewis doesn't equate to liking Garrett. I don't want either of them.
Garrett lover!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
no thank you.

I will say though Jay Gruden would be a perfect fit in cincy if washington dumps him and cousins this offseason.

The nfc east could be really different next year, Jim schwartz could end up in NY and a new coach in washington.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score

Marvin Lewis orchestrated one of the greatest defenses in NFL history in the 2000 Ravens

Garrett has not come close to any accomplishment like that, plus he is horrible in every facet

give me Lewis all day