Masters Coverage

Mannix

Reaction score
What is going on? It has been terrible! They weren't even showing the leaders today prior to the day being suspended. Why are they freezing Phil out? They have shown him hit about 3 to 4 live shots the entire tournament so far...and he is in contention. And who is the unfunny fat buffoon in the floppy purple hat that ESPN employed to dig through Patrick Reed's golf bag yesterday. Featured groups online included Tiger of course...BOTH days...even though he was fighting just to make the cut. The coverage has earned an F thus far...its just been really confusing.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What is going on? It has been terrible! They weren't even showing the leaders today prior to the day being suspended. Why are they freezing Phil out? They have shown him hit about 3 to 4 live shots the entire tournament so far...and he is in contention. And who is the unfunny fat buffoon in the floppy purple hat that ESPN employed to dig through Patrick Reed's golf bag yesterday. Featured groups online included Tiger of course...BOTH days...even though he was fighting just to make the cut. The coverage has earned an F thus far...its just been really confusing.
100% agreed.

CBS (as the flagship station for the PGA tour) is clearly trying hard not to feature LIV players in general, and Phil in particular. I think it's BS as well

They can't ignore Koepka because he's lapping the field and I hope he closes it out just to shove one up Rory's rear end with all his LIV trash talk.

Agreed on Tiger. Yes he's one of the greatest if all time but I'm sick and tired of the fuss over this has been. If he's on contention then yes put him front and center. If he's 22 shots off the lead (which he currently is) then he should be nothing more than a passing note on the crawl at bottom of screen.

Your assessment of the coverage is spot on. I love golf. The game is bigger than any one person and always will be. They need to fix these deficiencies and fast. It's been pretty disappointing

T-RO

Reaction score
The media does everything possible to either trash or ignore LIV golfers.

Makes me root for them even more. And whenever I see it on Twitter...I post anti-PGA/monopoly sentiment.

Mannix

Reaction score
I am the BIGGEST Phil fan ever, but he did himself no favors by having his LIV teams logo on his hat and shirt this weekend...stupid and petty move.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I am the BIGGEST Phil fan ever, but he did himself no favors by having his LIV teams logo on his hat and shirt this weekend...stupid and petty move.
All his sponsors dumped him. Might as well sport his teams logo.

PS he did himself a favor with a 65 today and a 2nd place finish while media darlings Rory (missed cut) and Tiger ("injury") were watching the action from home....;)

PS does anyone else get irritated when Tiger's "injury concerns" suddenly surface when he's way out of the lead and plummeting down the leaderboard?

At this point I almost expect him to WD if he's totally out of contention by Saturday. No integrity in this guy whatsoever

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok Karen.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
100% agreed.

CBS (as the flagship station for the PGA tour) is clearly trying hard not to feature LIV players in general, and Phil in particular. I think it's BS as well

They can't ignore Koepka because he's lapping the field and I hope he closes it out just to shove one up Rory's rear end with all his LIV trash talk.

Agreed on Tiger. Yes he's one of the greatest if all time but I'm sick and tired of the fuss over this has been. If he's on contention then yes put him front and center. If he's 22 shots off the lead (which he currently is) then he should be nothing more than a passing note on the crawl at bottom of screen.

Your assessment of the coverage is spot on. I love golf. The game is bigger than any one person and always will be. They need to fix these deficiencies and fast. It's been pretty disappointing
Koepka crapped his pants. LIV sucks and is owned by a government that kills its own innocent people.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Koepka crapped his pants. LIV sucks and is owned by a government that kills its own innocent people.
While people like you adore athletes sporting company logos whose products are almost universally made in China and you don't see the hypocrisy of your statement.

PS LIV had 3 of the top 5.

Ramble on.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
While people like you adore athletes sporting company logos whose products are almost universally made in China and you don't see the hypocrisy of your statement.

PS LIV had 3 of the top 5.

Ramble on.....
LIV still sucks.

T-RO

Reaction score
What government has killed the most people in the last 20 years. It would be interesting to investigate the top five.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The coverage was fine. Spieth shot a 66 and Theegala a 67 and you didn't see much of them either. The battle was going to be between Rahm and Koepka so obviously they focused on that pairing. Mickelson shot one of the worst scores on the course in round 3 with a 75 and didn't even get hot until the back 9 on Sunday. Besides the PGA and CBS owe nothing to Mickelson. He turned his back on them, bit the hand that fed him, they don't owe him any special coverage. The Masters was fantastic as always and something the LIV tournament will never be able to duplicate. LIV has been able to pick up some really good golfers in an attempted sportswashing but people still aren't watching it. Guys like Mickelson, Koepka, and DJ are quickly finding out that they just aren't relevant if they aren't winning on the PGA.