Matt Cassel cut (re-signed by Bills)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm always amazed and how people on this site want to get quarterbacks other teams cut and who didn't think they were even worth keeping as a second or third string quarterback but they are suppose to come here and be light years better than Weeden who's nothing to write home about either.

Derinyar

Reaction score
We won't claim Cassell because he's not worth the contract difference. Once he clears and you can likely have him for vet minimum then we might consider it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Because Weeden knows the offense better.

Yeah. There's nothing quite like a sorry *** excuse for a backup qb that knows the offense well. I feel so confident in our ability to sustain if Romo goes down for any length of time.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I'm always amazed and how people on this site want to get quarterbacks other teams cut and who didn't think they were even worth keeping as a second or third string quarterback but they are suppose to come here and be light years better than Weeden who's nothing to write home about either.

If you do not think that Cassel could come do a better job than Weeden then you need to go back and watch Weeden in real games. This is not about how good Cassel is, it's about how bad Brandon Weeden is. And the fact that we have to look at cast offs from other teams should tell how bad our backup QB situation is.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Tebow is available! He just wins! He is better than Chuck Norris! C'mon Jerry, get 're done!

Now I am first, where's my cookie?

Because Weeden knows the offense better.

How does that help us since he cannot read a defense, panics at the sight of DL within 3 yards of him, and cannot hit a wide open receiver 5 yards away from him?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Matt Cassel is better then Weeden. If for no other reason, he has won games in the NFL. He is 33-40 in the NFL. Weedon is 5-17. Cassell has played in a playoff game. He is better, at this point in his career, then is Weeden and there is really no debate about that. Having said that, Cassel was resigned by the Bills. They cut him as a cap saving move and resigned him.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
How does that help us since he cannot read a defense, panics at the sight of DL within 3 yards of him, and cannot hit a wide open receiver 5 yards away from him?

Read option offense

dallasdave

Reaction score
Totally agree with that, I think Cassel would be a much better option at QB for the Cowboys than Weeden.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Nice prophetic thread, lets see for whom the bell tolls. My coinage is Weeden wilts once the game speeds up, and between the two I would be more comfortable with Cassel.

Status
Not open for further replies.