Matt Jones

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
ESPN Mortenson reports that Matt Jones has drastically risen up the draft charts and, from talks hes hearing, is now slated to be drafted in the early 2nd round.

(Sportscenter)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me. Same thing happened with Randel El. Only Randel El isn't/wasn't 6'6", 240 lbs.

hank2k

Reaction score
Rack said:
Wouldn't surprise me. Same thing happened with Randel El. Only Randel El isn't/wasn't 6'6", 240 lbs.

They should show a clip of him "catching" that slant they threw him in the Senior Bowl. An easy catch for most real receivers, he bobbles it then falls on his face...very unathletic looking. I wouldnt touch him in the 7th rd.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Rack said:

Randel El played quite a bit at receiver during his senior season. He also has great quickness and change of direction skills. Matt Jones is athletic, but I wouldn't consider him quick. He would be a good project for a team that can afford that type of luxury. Most teams can't, especially in the 2nd round. Dallas sure can't. They need guys that can come in and contribute right away.

btcutter

Reaction score
hank2k said:
They should show a clip of him "catching" that slant they threw him in the Senior Bowl. An easy catch for most real receivers, he bobbles it then falls on his face...very unathletic looking. I wouldnt touch him in the 7th rd.

But you didn't mention how he separated from CB McFadden easily to get open and basically got of the line by pushing the CB to the side. Lastly, his one handed grab at the endzone over the CB.

Now, I like the guy but I am not using a #1 on him. He may move upto the 2nd round like Randell El but we got more needs on this team right now than him.