Matt Lehr???

31Rwilliams

Benched
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who he is, because on channel 11 they just said he was one of the people using steroids.

BHendri5

Reaction score
31Rwilliams;1765098 said:
Can anyone tell me who he is, because on channel 11 they just said he was one of the people using steroids.

he was a guard, he played in 1998-2001/2

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Matthew Steven Lehr (born April 25, 1979 in Jacksonville, Florida) is an American football offensive guard in the NFL on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2005, he started his fifth season.

He has also played for the Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams. He played college football at Virginia Tech and graduated from Woodbridge Senior High School in Woodbridge, Virginia.

On October 17, 2006 he was suspended for four games due to violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy. He was found to have ephedrine in his system during random tests. He did NOT test positive for any anabolic steriods. Ephedrine is a substance that is sold over-the-counter for weight-loss (acts as a fat-loss catalyst). It does, however, remain on the banned substance list because if taken excessively it can cause strain the heart.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
good thing it was an ex cowboy, i knew it couldn't be any one who was currently on the roster

31Rwilliams

Benched
Reaction score
I just heard that part, so I dont know if he was the only Cowboy, but I sure hope he is the only one.
the kid 05;1765124 said:
good thing it was an ex cowboy, i knew it couldn't be any one who was currently on the roster

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
31Rwilliams;1765098 said:

Lehr was a 5th round pick by the Cowboys in 2001 and played for us from 2001 to 2004, starting every game in 2003. We cut him in mid-season of 2004 and he was picked up by the Rams. I don't believe he played for them and was cut after the season.

In 2005 the Falcons signed him and he played for them for 2 years starting 26 games. He was cut following the 2006 season and was signed by the Bucs for this season but has not started any games for them.

http://www.nfl.com/players/mattlehr/careerstats?id=LEH401791

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
smarta5150;1765113 said:
Matthew Steven Lehr (born April 25, 1979 in Jacksonville, Florida) is an American football offensive guard in the NFL on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2005, he started his fifth season.

He has also played for the Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams. He played college football at Virginia Tech and graduated from Woodbridge Senior High School in Woodbridge, Virginia.

On October 17, 2006 he was suspended for four games due to violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy. He was found to have ephedrine in his system during random tests. He did NOT test positive for any anabolic steriods. Ephedrine is a substance that is sold over-the-counter for weight-loss (acts as a fat-loss catalyst). It does, however, remain on the banned substance list because if taken excessively it can cause strain the heart.

Lehr has never played for the Rams. He has played for the Cowboys, Falcons, and Bucs.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Rack;1765221 said:
Lehr has never played for the Rams. He has played for the Cowboys, Falcons, and Bucs.

If that is true then I now understand why my professors never allowed us to use Wikipedia :eek::

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
smarta5150;1765225 said:
If that is true then I now understand why my professors never allowed us to use Wikipedia :eek::

:hammer:

I had checked that too, but I knew it had to be wrong. I was sure he had played for the Falcons. I got my confirmation here.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Maybe he spent some time there in training camp or something, but he's never played for them (Pretty sure). But I know he's played for the Falcons.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Rack;1765234 said:
Maybe he spent some time there in training camp or something, but he's never played for them (Pretty sure). But I know he's played for the Falcons.

Oh well, its only Matt Lehr anyway ;)

T-Bone 625

Reaction score
Lehr is the type of fringe player that would probably do anything he could to try to stay in the league. I'm not saying he's guilty of using steriods, but that type of player usually fits the profile. I'll bet that most of the baseball players that come out in the Mitchell report are guys barely hanging on and looking for a performance edge or trying to recover from an injury. Injured fringe players don't get many second chances because their is always a healthy one to replace marginal talent.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Ozzu;1765259 said:
I believe it was The Kid 05 that called it in the other thread. Nice job man. :)

i did my deed for the year (about time aye?) now ill go back to slacking