Matt Lehr

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Listening to the falcons broadcast on the NFL Network and the announcers say that Lehr is more than likely going to win the LG position. Just kinda makes me scratch my head when I think about the depth of our offensive line.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
I was devistated when we cut Lehr, not really because he was all that good, but it was another missed opportunity to cut Tyson Walter's arse! Please o football gods, remove him from our team!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
Listening to the falcons broadcast on the NFL Network and the announcers say that Lehr is more than likely going to win the LG position. Just kinda makes me scratch my head when I think about the depth of our offensive line.

He's a little guy. Falcons are a WCO style offense and it fits his size. So stop with the "Sky Is Falling" act. Parcells likes the motorgraders over the tiny guys. He was versatile... but expendable at the same time.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just not big enough- but good for zone blocking, WCO. Good player- just never was a fit here.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Fletch said:
He's a little guy. Falcons are a WCO style offense and it fits his size. So stop with the "Sky Is Falling" act. Parcells likes the motorgraders over the tiny guys. He was versatile... but expendable at the same time.

Spot on Fletch. I always liked the guy. Versatile and a scrapper. I hope he has a good career with the Falcons.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Who said the sky is falling. I'm sure there will be plenty of you guys on Monday Night if things don't go our way.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dallas wasn't the right fit for him. I forget who we were playing but Gurode was pulled from a game and Lehr replaced him. After a couple of OLE's by Lehr Gurode was sent back in.

Good luck too him in ATL

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Exactly. He might fit in that Alex Gibbs borderline cheating chop block system, but that's about it.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yes Fletch..as a Big East homer I loved Matt being here..but he was not what Bill was looking for. Specially at swing center.

Good luck to him, reunited with his good buddy, Mike Vick!

And Alex Gibbs can teach him how to zone block and cut block!

ratpower

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Dallas wasn't the right fit for him. I forget who we were playing but Gurode was pulled from a game and Lehr replaced him. After a couple of OLE's by Lehr Gurode was sent back in.

Good luck too him in ATL

Philly game...he was lost that day.

Still, when his head was in the game, I say he is better then our ghosts Noll or Walters...

Tyson starts this Monday so the door will either open or shut for this guy once and for all...