Matt Leinart's agent expects $30 million guaranteed in his rookie contract

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Matt Leinart's agent expects $30 million guaranteed in his rookie contract.
He's telling the Saints or any other possible suitor that they better be ready to pay before selecting him. Alex Smith received $24 million guaranteed in 2005 as the top pick.

Mar. 23 - 11:33 am et
Source: OC Register

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
He's telling the Saints or any other possible suitor that they better be ready to pay before selecting him. Alex Smith received $24 million guaranteed in 2005 as the top pick.

When did Leinart hire the Postons?

CowboyMark

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Paying millions and millions of dollars to rookies who havn't done nothing in the nfl. College sports is one thing. Going pro is another. I believe you have to perform atleast for one season before you can cash that kind of money. Though I don't blame Matt for asking that much.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Right around 20% difference, not that bad when you consider the jump in salary cap.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
They can have me, But i'm not playing for less than 27 mil.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Kind of glad we do not have a high pick this year- those guys in the first 5 are going to want a LOT of money.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:

This is insane!:eek:

Does Leinart think he is Drew Bledsoe or something??:laugh1: :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gryphon said:

Matt Leinart's agent is going to push his client down the Draft faster than a bobsled on ice if he keeps that up. Unless a team gets up to #1 or #2 overall, he's not going to get that at #3. Tennessee would be wise to ask Young and Cutler what their demands are.

In other words, not very bright ace.

felix360

Reaction score
sniff....sniff.... does anyone smell a rivers near by, well this tells me that he's going to stink in the nfl, and alex smith go that kind of money at number 1

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
They need to set a Rookie maximum. This is why it cost tons of money to get seats at a game you dont need binoculars for.

Rude

Reaction score
Thats too much..........BUT if Alex "future bust" Smith can get 26 million, then so can matt.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Houston doesnt need a WR, they already have Andre Johnson
actually they do need a WR opposite johnson but your right with Young at QB the Texans would only need Johnson. Young to Johnson all day

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Sounds like Young's agent is pretty inexperienced. Draft him and get a Masta P/Ricky Williams deal. :D

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Rikki's deal was incentive laden and it blew up in his face. No way Forrest Young/6 falls into that trap - getting paid by performance.