Matt Lienert ?

dannywhites

Reaction score
Would you trade our :
nos.1,2,3 this year year
and
No.1 next year (hopefully late 20's at worst)
For him ?
To anyone who says his arm is not strong enough,he is a proven winner,who is used to both a pro offense,and the media spotlight,which in Dallas,comes with the position.
I really don't know what it would take,but i say throw the kitchen sink in if we have to.
The hardest thing to get is a young stud QB.
Just throwing it out there.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
no. if we're stuck with drew for another year then it makes no sense to NOT use these picks to help HIM in this last ditch effort.

even so, too much for him - pass on that deal.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
To move up that far it would indeed cost a bundle.

The needs on this team will almost certainly make Leinart out of the question as a viable option.

silver

Reaction score
what for. to sit behind bledsoe and romo and deemed a bust in 3 years?

JohnnyO

Benched
Reaction score
Word on Leinart is his arm is as bad as Chad Pennington's.
At least Bledsoe can fire it. We need to build a wall around Drew and cut those 50 times sacked to around 30 or so.

Jay

Reaction score
You're stuck in a Madden-world. 1, 2, 3 AND next year's 1?

We have too many holes to fill bro. I think this is a terrible plan.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Leinart will be just like all those Miami QB's of the 90's that won in college and stank in the pros because they no longer had the huge edge in talent surrounding them.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
dannywhites said:
Would you trade our :
nos.1,2,3 this year year
and
For him ?
To anyone who says his arm is not strong enough,he is a proven winner,who is used to both a pro offense,and the media spotlight,which in Dallas,comes with the position.
I really don't know what it would take,but i say throw the kitchen sink in if we have to.
Nope....I'm the biggest USC and Matt Leinart fan around...I think he could be better than Palmer in time, but we passed when we could have taken Byron Leftwich with our first round pick, so I'm not willing to trade the majority of the draft for a QB at this time. However, I do think it's time to start looking at QBs in rounds 2-4, guys like Simms and Kyle Orton, who can develop into decent starting QBs in the NFL instead of guys like Henson and Romo.

However, for those who don't ever like giving up draft picks to move up in round 1....sometimes it is definitely worth it. The year we drafted LaFleur as our TE in round 1, it sure would have been worth a 2nd rounder to move up a few spots and take Gonzalez...that sucker is old as dirt and still making the freakin' pro bowl. Sometimes you need to gamble in the draft and pay the cost to get the guy you really want.

Everything in the draft, imo, depends on setting yourself up for it in Free AGency....when you do a nice job of filling needs in free agency, it frees you up to make bold moves in the draft that can pay dividends for years.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I wouldnt waste the 2nd pick in the draft on Leinart even if we could move up there.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
No as I said on another topic, i think Leinart will be a bust in the pros because first of all he doesn't have a real strong arm and second he has so much talent at USC that almost any QB with at least some talent would be successful. He can have fun rotting in New Orleans

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
1,2,3 and next years #1 - only SUPERMAN himself is worth all those picks.... u werent serious right?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dannywhites said:
Would you trade our :
nos.1,2,3 this year year
and
For him ?

Negative.

uberfan

Reaction score
I don't beleive in bringing in a young QB until we have enough surrounding cast to give him a chance to succeed (see David Carr for an example).

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't really care about having a bullet arm, Bledsoe couldn't throw the ball worth a darn yesterday with his bullet arm, neither could Vick with his bullet arm.

I'll take a guy with instincts like Brady and Montana. Guys who just has a knack for finding the opened receiver and getting it there accurately.

With that said, I'll pass on that one, but I would move up to get DT Ngata... I'll give up Ferguson and our number 1 and a 5 to move up and get this monster.

sportsman

Reaction score
Man, I am just not that impressed with Matt. I know he has all the credentials to be drafted #1. I was more impressed with Chris Simms when he went into the draft than Matt.

I guess I am not to favorable when it comes to lefthand QB.

Marktui

Reaction score
dannywhites said:
Would you trade our :
nos.1,2,3 this year year
and
For him ?

NO WAY. We have too many team needs. I know he could be a franchise QB, but that is way too big of a risk. 4 players that could potentially be starters for us vs one guy.

The draft is a crap shoot, I would rather play the numbers game and get more picks....

Don't get me wrong, we still need a QB for the future, but I think there are other avenues we can use.

joseephuss

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Nope....I'm the biggest USC and Matt Leinart fan around...I think he could be better than Palmer in time, but we passed when we could have taken Byron Leftwich with our first round pick, so I'm not willing to trade the majority of the draft for a QB at this time. However, I do think it's time to start looking at QBs in rounds 2-4, guys like Simms and Kyle Orton, who can develop into decent starting QBs in the NFL instead of guys like Henson and Romo.

However, for those who don't ever like giving up draft picks to move up in round 1....sometimes it is definitely worth it. The year we drafted LaFleur as our TE in round 1, it sure would have been worth a 2nd rounder to move up a few spots and take Gonzalez...that sucker is old as dirt and still making the freakin' pro bowl. Sometimes you need to gamble in the draft and pay the cost to get the guy you really want.

Everything in the draft, imo, depends on setting yourself up for it in Free AGency....when you do a nice job of filling needs in free agency, it frees you up to make bold moves in the draft that can pay dividends for years.

There was no guarantee that Dallas could have pulled off a trade offering up a 2nd rounder to get Gonzales. It would have been nice, but we will never know if a trade was possible.

I agree that rounds 2 thru 4 could provide a young QB for Dallas. I don't know who at this time, but there could be someone available.

Or how about Josh McKown? Will he be available after the season?