Matt Moore is a free agent next year

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Rather than waste a high draft pick on a quarterback who is just going to ride the pine pony for years, we should finally go back out and get Matt Moore next year. Very capable quarterback. You get him early enough and he will be a solid backup if needed.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Moore as the backup... capable player with some similarities to Romo.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Rather go with youth. Moore is what he is at this point. Nothing bad, but I'd rather look for a backup who actually has enough youth to develop into a potential starter if things panned out.

whynot

Reaction score
He and Romo had a bit of a chinwag at the end of the game, look to be pretty friendly with each other.

kevm3

Reaction score
If we have a high pick and a chance to draft one of the top two QBs, then you do that. Otherwise, I'll be fine with maybe bringing Moore in and using that 1st rounder on either an RB or safety.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Odds are any QB we draft will be a 3rd stringer, they will most get a veteran backup.

Drafting a QB for us is much more about the future then present

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
http://i267.***BLOCKED***/albums/ii317/COWBOYSSB3/1C2539A6-32DA-4BB0-83E0-CCCE2CA6054A_zpsjepnjznd.png

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm pretty sure we had Matt Moore was a backup wayyyyy back in the day for a little bit but we cut him if I remember correctly. That would explain why him and romo are chummy if they used to be teammates

Hardline

Reaction score
Still one year away from needing to draft a QB. If you are not in a position to get Lynch or Goff then don't waste the pick on the position.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Finding Romo's replacement should be priority #1. If you think he's going to last 3 more years, Pass what you're smoking to me...

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Rather go with youth. Moore is what he is at this point. Nothing bad, but I'd rather look for a backup who actually has enough youth to develop into a potential starter if things panned out.

I agree. Romo's replacement needs to be on the planning agenda. Suffering the many years of trying to find Aikman's replacement doesn't have to happen again. Franchise quarterbacks coming out their first year are hard to come by, even if there is one. The Colts hit a home run with Luck, and the Titans and Bucs may have hit home runs with their first round picks, but before them, is Eli Manning the only sure fire star? Russel Wilson is questionable, Teddy Bridgewater is average, RGIII is a bust, and Manziel is a flake.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I would take Moore, but would prefer Osweiler or Cousins if we could get them.