Matt Moore Next Week

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1840302 said:
You do realize he is a rookie and did not threw a pick and managed the game which what the coaches asked of him.

That is not bad for a young guy nothing earth shattering. Carolina is protecting the young QB like he should be he is not ready to have the whole offense revolve around him he is in a different offense from the one he did in camp here. Remember the best way to grom a young QB and make him successful is to protect him by running a lot and ask him to manage the game.

Which was more than David Carr could do when he was the starter
I don't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I loved Moore. I thought he showed a lot of Romo-like qualities for a very raw undrafted rookie.

But he's not going to beat us almost by himself like a Favre or Brady or Manning could, either.

Unless he starts ballin out of control.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1840413 said:
I don't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I loved Moore. I thought he showed a lot of Romo-like qualities for a very raw undrafted rookie.

But he's not going to beat us almost by himself like a Favre or Brady or Manning could, either.

I do not see the Panthers doing that they are going to run and run and ask Moore to manage the game and rely on the defense. Lets hope the offense shows up this week. If they do we should win the game pretty handily; if not we will be in another clunker game like yesterday

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
These days, I don't know what to think. He could very well torch our D...

alancdc

Reaction score
dangerdoom;1840420 said:
These days, I don't know what to think. He could very well torch our D...

I thought our d played pretty good yesterday, but maybe I am wrong. One week our offense carried us, and this week the D kept us in it, I thought. Put someone on and over the top of 89, and we should be fine.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1840413 said:

This is always a very real danger.

Observe.

http://img441.*************/img441/9639/ballinxf7.jpg

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
superpunk;1840443 said:

Observe.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

You are so ******** (I mean that in a good way) its funny.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
superpunk;1840443 said:

Observe.

In terms of ballin', I don't agree with your assessment of Jason Campbell. He's atleast done the same amount as Eli, maybe a little more.

monstercat

Reaction score
Panthers fan here. Matt Moore wasn't "ballin out of control" but he outplayed Vinny and Carr in his very first NFL start, on a very windy day, and against the league leaders in sacks. The guy was making throws that Carr couldn't make if his life depended on it, and more importantly, he was making the right reads.

I don't know how he'll handle your defense, but you can see that he has a lot of potential...good for us, since there is no guarantee that Jake will make it back 100% after having Tommy John surgery. At least now, we actually feel like we have a chance to win a game...with Carr and Vinny(as of late) there really hasn't been much hope from week to week.

superpunk

Reaction score
dangerdoom;1840453 said:
In terms of ballin', I don't agree with your assessment of Jason Campbell. He's atleast done the same amount as Eli, maybe a little more.

Nonsense.This chart measures amount of ballin'. Not amount of poise.

In fact, I'm almost positive poise and ballin' are inversely proportionate.
EliManning.jpeg
eli.jpg

btw...my theory on "What a QB has to do to be described as 'poised'" gained new ground yesterday - as Troy Smith went 4-10 for about 50 yards to start the game. I said to the friends...."they're going to go on and on about how poised he is because he hasn't thrown a pick yet." No sooner did I finish that sentence than JC Pearson (or whoever) goes on about Smith's poise.

I should be an announcer. :mad:

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
monstercat;1840469 said:
Panthers fan here. Matt Moore wasn't "ballin out of control" but he outplayed Vinny and Carr in his very first NFL start, on a very windy day, and against the league leaders in sacks. The guy was making throws that Carr couldn't make if his life depended on it, and more importantly, he was making the right reads.

I don't know how he'll handle your defense, but you can see that he has a lot of potential...good for us, since there is no guarantee that Jake will make it back 100% after having Tommy John surgery. At least now, we actually feel like we have a chance to win a game...with Carr and Vinny(as of late) there really hasn't been much hope from week to week.

matt moore knows the last number of pi

therefore matt moore balls out of control even in life

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
superpunk;1840443 said:

Observe.

By far, post of the day.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Best. Thread. Ever.

Of course I mean the responses, not the thread idea.