Matt Ryan headed to the colts

JMech

Reaction score
He played on a team with no run game at all
He will be much better on a team that can run
Agree with you on the Dak hate
I don’t get the Dak hate
You have a top 10 QB and people just can’t grasp how hard it is to get one of them

I am basing my assessment on how he threw the ball. He was bad.

Aven8

Reaction score
All the QB’s are in the AFC yet the NFC has won the past two SB’s.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I don't understand why the Falcons would take such a cap hit for a 3rd round pick, and need a new QB???

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mayfield is in purgatory. Its funny. His teams are dwindling after Waston and now the Ryan trade. If I'm his agent, I'm calling ATL and begging them to trade for him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's some hump......unless you are just talking about winning the AFC South. AFC has:
Mahomes
Wilson
Herbert
Carr
Allen
Jones
Burrow
Jackson
Watson

tough road to hoe

Not sure why this matters. NFC will only face ONE in the Super Bowl........anything can happen

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's unreal, with all these QB's moving, Washington ends up with the worst QB in Wentz, lol.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I don't understand why the Falcons would take such a cap hit for a 3rd round pick, and need a new QB???
It dumps his base rate for this season and next (money wise it will be more apparant next year).

Another 3rd isn't bad either. They already have 2x 2nds a top 10 in the 1st (they should have 5 picks in the top 80).

2022 and 2023 they should have 8 total picks in the top 80 and have over 110 million in cap for 2023.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Must be looking forward towards 2023....and tanking in 22 to get a high pick for a new QB.
Exactly. They have very little on the books for 2023 contract wise (not alot of high paying deals). With this 3rd they get from Indy will mean this draft alone they have a top 10 pick in the 1st and then 2x 2nds and 2x 3rds

Motorola

Reaction score
The Falcons' owner+GM+HC failed pursuit of Watson sped up the timetable of Ryan leaving Atlanta from this time in 2023 to now.
Matty Ice even pushed back the deadline for getting a $7.5M roster bonus - due last Friday- to today so the FO could negotiate a trade so the Falcons didn't have to pay it.
Last year's UDFA Feleipe Franks might be the heir apparent in the future- but all signs point toward the next ( bridge) Falcons QB to be Marcus Mariota.