Matthew Stafford is the QB I would go after

starfan1

Reaction score
Again, the genius of Garrett. Romo asked for a fair and open competition for the starting QB spot once he was healthy and he was just told "No." If Dak was better, why not grant the request, let Dak beat him out and surely boost Dak's confidence. It's because Romo was better in every facet. We could've done so much more that season if not for the stupidity of Garrett. The only TD drive we had in that Philly game was when Romo was in and he made it look easy.
yep including games missed

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, because the love for Romo (a former player) is still undoubtedly strong, for some. Dak, does not deserve to lead the Cowboys.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
So, because the love for Romo (a former player) is still undoubtedly strong, for some. Dak, does not deserve to lead the Cowboys.
No, because Dak has not played like a top QB he does not deserve to be paid like one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, because Dak has not played like a top QB he does not deserve to be paid like one.

Almost 5000 yards and 30 passing TD's is top of the league QB stuff. He is also top 5 in EVERY major passing category.

Lead the #1 offense in football.

I think its fair to say you have no idea what you are talking about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stafford doesn't have this OL, Zeke or this receiving core and still has accomplished more than Dak. Jets, buff, no, ne games all would have been won last year with Stafford.

edit had you read the original post you would know better.

Stafford has better pass catchers and has a better HC and OC. Run game and Oline, no.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Almost 5000 yards and 30 passing TD's is top of the league QB stuff. He is also top 5 in EVERY major passing category.

How'd he do against good teams?

How many games against teams with a winning record did we win?

How much of those stats were racked up against basement dwelling teams?

How deep in the playoffs did that #1 offense get us?

I'll wait.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

:muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How'd he do against good teams?

How many games against teams with a winning record did we win?

Not just Dak winning or losing games. But the Cowboys have won lots of games against winning teams during Dak's 4 years. Seattle in the playoffs last season comes to mind as one of the best. Most teams record against winning teams isn't good. You seem lost on these basic concepts about the NFL

How much of those stats were racked up against basement dwelling teams?

I would be much more concerned if the Cowboys offense stuttered against bad teams or bad defenses. They dominated like they should. How many teams went into New England in the rain and lit it up? How many went into Chicago and lit it up? Again, your basic understanding seems way off.

How deep in the playoffs did that #1 offense get us?

If your offense was #1 in the NFL then it would stand to reason that your offense wasn't the issue was it? How were the other parts of the team? Special Teams, Defense, Coaching?

Again, you show a complete disconnect over these basic evaluation concepts.

I'll wait.

garyo1954

Reaction score
You just proved that you hate Dak based on your love for Romo. And for the record. Dak has the second most 4th quarter comebacks in the last 4 years. Only second to Brady.

It should be mentioned that 3 of Brady's 4th Qtr Comebacks have come in the post season......

2-5-2017 New England vs Atlanta.....a 34-28 win. Something they call a Super Bowl.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Dak's record vs winning teams is 5 wins, 17 losses. That's a winning percentage of .294.
Good luck with that #1 offense facing a winning team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And the Lions made the playoffs in 2014 with Stafford. When you evaluate his quarterbacking today, do you look at that?

I am capable of evaluating a QB on bad teams aren't you? I think Stafford is a great QB actually.

Dont need a SB to see that. Didnt need it with Romo either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak's record vs winning teams is 5 wins, 17 losses. That's a winning percentage of .294.
Good luck with that #1 offense facing a winning team.

Thats why Garrett got fired. But in case you dont understand the NFL, most teams records against winning teams is below 500.

And when you face winning teams, you need more than a good offense obviously. Can't beat the good teams on a consistent basis with a one dimensional team.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Thats why Garrett got fired. But in case you dont understand the NFL, most teams records against winning teams is below 500.

And when you face winning teams, you need more than a good offense obviously. Can't beat the good teams on a consistent basis with a one dimensional team.

It becoming too obvious you parrot what you think you read and do no research. The post you're trying to quote was about QBS with winning record vs winning teams. But you didn't comprehend it. And you provide no research for what you say. So I'll politely refuse to take your word for anything until you back it up with stats. Do your homework.