Mavs fans shout out!!!

TLW47

Reaction score
Go Mavs!

They really played great last night and right when they needed too.

Can't understand what's wrong with Dirk but hey when you slaughter a team by 40 points (and did you know the Rockets are STILL blaming the refs!) who can complain?

The Suns are probably favored and should be but I thought the Mavs could have choked against the Rockets and they didn't.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TLW47 said:
Go Mavs!

They really played great last night and right when they needed too.

Can't understand what's wrong with Dirk but hey when you slaughter a team by 40 points (and did you know the Rockets are STILL blaming the refs!) who can complain?

The Suns are probably favored and should be but I thought the Mavs could have choked against the Rockets and they didn't.
Actually everything I've read about the Rockets in the paper just said they took this one on the chin. I haven't read any comments about the refs. That said, I guess the complaints to the media about the refs are no different than sending in game tapes to the refs about bad no-calls. It's all the same.

I look at it like the Mavs were the better team yesterday. I think the two teams matched up pretty evenly. I was actually hoping they wouldn't face the Mavs in the 1st round, but the Rockets went on that run and passed up Sac in the standings. I think they had a better matchup with Seattle than they did the Mavs, but oh well. No use crying over spilled milk, as the saying goes.

I'm pulling for the Spurs in the west and the Heat in the East.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The Rockets were their own worst enemy in this series...

After winning the first two... they were naming one of their players "The Germanator" and making general fun of the Mavs...

Then they lose a couple and the refs "cheated them" all of the sudden... then they tied it up in the sixth and "whoop-whooped" alot... Dallas remained business-like throughout the series...

The best team won...

It is a pity really... I always like Jeff van Gundy... but he made it hard not to hate him in this series... they got the country arse-whipping they deserved with all of the whining they did... good riddance...

TLW47

Reaction score
I'm not a Rocket hater (basically ambivalent towards them) but gosh the radio guys in Houston have been bashing the Mavs unmercifully all last week based on the Van Gundy remarks...

Actually they did take the butt kicking well...players and Van Gundy.

They got a bit carried away sometimes though from Mutumbo doing his finger shaking to various Rockets making gestures after a 3 pointer or whatever.

Not much can be said though after you get throttled by 40 points. McGrady is great though and Yao even had a real nice series. As for the rest of them it was good to see the Mavs crush them.....for me anyway.

I'm not sure how far the Mavs can go with this thing but they sure looked great last night.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
The Rockets were their own worst enemy in this series...

After winning the first two... they were naming one of their players "The Germanator" and making general fun of the Mavs...

Then they lose a couple and the refs "cheated them" all of the sudden... then they tied it up in the sixth and "whoop-whooped" alot... Dallas remained business-like throughout the series...

The best team won...

It is a pity really... I always like Jeff van Gundy... but he made it hard not to hate him in this series... they got the country arse-whipping they deserved with all of the whining they did... good riddance...
About the only thing I agree with is that the best team won. My qualifier is...yesterday. I still think if any of the role players stepped up. ANY of them, it could've been a totally different outcome, because it wasn't like the Mavs were unbeatable. They played well yesterday and the Rockets didn't. Pure and simple.

Honestly the only whining outside of the game, that I actually heard was from Van Gundy. Of course, the players are gonna roll with their coach. During the game, they lost their composure when frustration set in. That stuff happens all the time.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TLW47 said:
I'm not a Rocket hater (basically ambivalent towards them) but gosh the radio guys in Houston have been bashing the Mavs unmercifully all last week based on the Van Gundy remarks...

Actually they did take the butt kicking well...players and Van Gundy.

They got a bit carried away sometimes though from Mutumbo doing his finger shaking to various Rockets making gestures after a 3 pointer or whatever.

Not much can be said though after you get throttled by 40 points. McGrady is great though and Yao even had a real nice series. As for the rest of them it was good to see the Mavs crush them.....for me anyway.

I'm not sure how far the Mavs can go with this thing but they sure looked great last night.
You're feelings towards the Rockets are about how I feel towards the Mavs. It's like whatever. I hate that they lost, but I don't feel any extra anger cuz it was to the Mavs.

I honestly don't listen to much sports radio, cuz most folks rant with passion and not a lot of logic. That keeps me from getting caught up in useless dialogue.

Just so you know, Mutombo's been doing that crap for years. That's not exactly unique to his time here in Houston. I'm not fan of Mutombo, at all. But since he was on the team, you just hope he played well.

But really, teams celebrate different ways all the time. The Mavs would celebrate as much as the Rockets, but it usually doesn't bother the fan of that team. It just makes most fans even more excited.

Anyway, I wish I could wish the Mavs luck in the next series, but there's no way I can root for a team that just booted mine out of the playoffs...:D

TLW47

Reaction score
Yea I admit my feelings towards the Rockets is colored by the talk radio guys. I'm actually not much of a BB fan but I'd like to see the Mavs do well.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Actually everything I've read about the Rockets in the paper just said they took this one on the chin. I haven't read any comments about the refs. That said, I guess the complaints to the media about the refs are no different than sending in game tapes to the refs about bad no-calls. It's all the same.

I look at it like the Mavs were the better team yesterday. I think the two teams matched up pretty evenly. I was actually hoping they wouldn't face the Mavs in the 1st round, but the Rockets went on that run and passed up Sac in the standings. I think they had a better matchup with Seattle than they did the Mavs, but oh well. No use crying over spilled milk, as the saying goes.

I'm pulling for the Spurs in the west and the Heat in the East.

C'mon WG.

There is hella difference between Cuban whining about his club not getting calls and the refs missing moving screens then...

An actual Coach telling members of the media that he actually talked to an official, an insider of the league and claimed that this source told him the refs said they do officiate Yao Ming differently.

He is questioning the very integrity of the institution that pays the bills. If I had ownership in a company like the NBA and someone was questioning the very integrity of the Product, I would throw the book at em.

And of course, he admitted he lied today :rolleyes: .

Oh, and why so much hate for Big D? You know you love the Mavs :D .

- Mike G.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:

- Mike G.

All virtuous women love the Mavs... :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58 said:
C'mon WG.

There is hella difference between Cuban whining about his club not getting calls and the refs missing moving screens then...

An actual Coach telling members of the media that he actually talked to an official, an insider of the league and claimed that this source told him the refs said they do officiate Yao Ming differently.

He is questioning the very integrity of the institution that pays the bills. If I had ownership in a company like the NBA and someone was questioning the very integrity of the Product, I would throw the book at em.

And of course, he admitted he lied today :rolleyes: .

- Mike G.
LOL. I saw the report. I guess I just don't care that much, cuz I'm always accused of bias. So I felt like it was b.s. from the beginning that got blown way out of proportion. Was not that 100k fine not enuff? I thought it was.

I repeat. I cannot root for the team who tossed my team out of the league. Go Spurs!!...lol

TLW47

Reaction score
Van Gundy is backing off of his statement that it was an "official" in the NBA that told him Yao was being targeted. He's now saying it was "a good friend" with NBA connections..whatever that means.

That's what they are saying on the radio anyway.

That whole thing was goofy to me.