Mavs Take Game 1

Cebrin

Reaction score
Tough play all the way down the stretch. Porzingis was obsolete, and yet the rest of the team stepped up, and played huge. Big win to take game 1 on the road. This is going to be a great series to watch! Let's go Mavs!

Shane612

Reaction score
Doncic is masterful.
Extend his contract NOW!!!!!
Tie him up for the next 10 years.
Can they do that?
:muttley:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs are the better team IMO.
I think Mavs in 6.
Clips have a lot of guys that are bigger names than they are players currently.
See Ibaka/Rondo/PatBev/Morris.

Luka is the best playmaker on the court. As good as Kawhi is as a 2 way player Luka gets guys wide open looks that no one on the Clips can provide

The series will go the team who shoots the 3 the best. And right now it is apparent DAL has a better formula for getting good 3 point shooters open looks.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think Mavs in 6.

Luka is the best playmaker on the court. As good as Kawhi is as a 2 way player Luka gets guys wide open looks that no one on the Clips can provide

The series will go the team who shoots the 3 the best. And right now it is apparent DAL has a better formula for getting good 3 point shooters open looks.
Doncic is unstoppable! You either play him one on one, or die by the 3, and D players.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think Mavs in 6.

They just don't seem to play as well as a team. The talent is there for sure. They're missing Lou Williams big time right now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They just don't seem to play as well as a team. The talent is there for sure. They're missing Lou Williams big time right now.
They just look old fashioned and well old.
They are now 1-3 against Dallas this year and they looked slow and old versus them basically every game.
They have collected big name ring chasers but how much those guys have left is up for debate.

If they Mavs do pull off the upset now I expect the Clippers to totally rebuild in the off-season.

The biggest issue may well be that PG13 and Kawhi are like the same guy on the court. Plus 2 way players who can't really create for others.
Kawhi is a little better on both ends but having your stars be the same dude is tough com play off time.
Had they found a way to get CP3 this might have been a LAC sweep but that lack of PG is killing them.

Cebrin

Reaction score
They just look old fashioned and well old.
They are now 1-3 against Dallas this year and they looked slow and old versus them basically every game.
They have collected big name ring chasers but how much those guys have left is up for debate.

If they Mavs do pull off the upset now I expect the Clippers to totally rebuild in the off-season.

The biggest issue may well be that PG13 and Kawhi are like the same guy on the court. Plus 2 way players who can't really create for others.
Kawhi is a little better on both ends but having your stars be the same dude is tough com play off time.
Had they found a way to get CP3 this might have been a LAC sweep but that lack of PG is killing them.
Facts. Gotta have that diversity on your team. The size match-up is a problem too. Luka is too big for any of them to cover. Unless Mavs just put out a really bad offensive night, I don't see the Clippers pulling this one out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Facts. Gotta have that diversity on your team. The size match-up is a problem too. Luka is too big for any of them to cover. Unless Mavs just put out a really bad offensive night, I don't see the Clippers pulling this one out.
They'll eventually put Kawhi on Luka which will slow him down but Rick will adjust and have KP be the go to scorer in that scenario.

Dallas has the benefit of having already faced the Clips in a playoff series. Only so many tweaks that can be made.
Some teams are huge match up problems for Dallas but this Clippers side hasn't been this year.

Teams used to rely on leaving DFS wide open but that dude is killing it now.

scottsp

Reaction score
Right out of the box to begin the second half, Dallas starts trapping Kawhi, which results in a tough shot and two turnovers. Mavs go +11 in the third and never looked back.

if it isn’t Luka, or THJ, or the “others” doing real damage to Clipper hopes, one thing is for certain: Tyronn Lue is being lapped by Carlisle. Ballmer and Leonard gotta live with that one.

Shane612

Reaction score
Right out of the box to begin the second half, Dallas starts trapping Kawhi, which results in a tough shot and two turnovers. Mavs go +11 in the third and never looked back.

if it isn’t Luka, or THJ, or the “others” doing real damage to Clipper hopes, one thing is for certain: Tyronn Lue is being lapped by Carlisle. Ballmer and Leonard gotta live with that one.
Lue is overrated as a HC.
He needs to go back being an assistant coach.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think it needs to be asked...when the Clippers lose, where do they go from here?

No FRP in 2022, 2024, 2026 which means they effectively can’t trade a FRP until 2027. Cap strapped for the next few years. I think resigning Kawhi is a must but I don’t know if I would if I were him.

I’d really like to see NY make a run at him, but I get the feeling Thibodeau would be a deal breaker with the way he plays guys 35, 36?minutes a night

scottsp

Reaction score
Dallas just needed to take one here at home and they weren’t even competitive. Mavs have been subpar on the AAC floor for some time now, but I gotta give the Clips some credit for G3 & 4.

They just took it to Dallas.

And now it’s best of three. Here’s hoping a two-day break and the trip back west resets things a bit.

bewp7

Reaction score
give away momentum like the mavs just did is not good. really bad to be honist. if u are the more talented team then it is more whatever...but the clippers have way more talent and just seem the type of team that can be beat down mentilly but if they feeling themself and do not have that doubt then they can beat the crap out of u like they just did.

mavs shooting was way over their head the first 2 game, but u can do that in a series. sadly mavs only did it 2 game...wish they could have done it 3 at least i would like their chance of winning 1 more even when shooting regress.

also am not a big fan of donnie nelson. u saw the issue with the roster last year and u really did nothing to fix them. can mavs get a big who can defend and rebound? no but u give away asset (which mavs do not have a lot of extra) for 2 worthless with redick and melli...

i do not fell good about this series at all even though it is tied!