Max Kellerman compares Dak Prescott to Peyton Manning

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll admit, this is the only year I like Dak as a pocket passer as much as Tony Romo. I saw a little of it last year, but wasn't sold. Right now I am. I don't need a hall of fame QB, just a good QB. I believe he is that or better. Who knows where this will lead?

Aulac

Reaction score

When national sports pundits who are notorious for denying some of our players credit begin to acknowledge who Dak is, it’s time for the haters on this board to recognize they are extreme outliers, and their opinion does not matter in the least. It’s like telling them water is wet and them just digging their heels in the sand and saying, “No it’s not!”. They’re like petulant children throwing a temper tantrum because they didn’t get their way. No national sports journalist is going to risk embarrassing themselves on live tv with such a comparison unless this were the consensus opinion of Dak amongst many in media and the league.

When will you learn? They do this so they can laugh about us if we end up underachieving. These same talking head are the one that constantly bash the Cowboys. Cowboys hot take give high rating and views. This is just outside noise and Dak is doing a good job of ignoring it. Though Dak has always been mature so this is nothing new.

jnday

Reaction score

When national sports pundits who are notorious for denying some of our players credit begin to acknowledge who Dak is, it’s time for the haters on this board to recognize they are extreme outliers, and their opinion does not matter in the least. It’s like telling them water is wet and them just digging their heels in the sand and saying, “No it’s not!”. They’re like petulant children throwing a temper tantrum because they didn’t get their way. No national sports journalist is going to risk embarrassing themselves on live tv with such a comparison unless this were the consensus opinion of Dak amongst many in media and the league.

Since when does a boxing announcer’s opinion mean so much when discussing football? Yes, they have him commenting on other sports now, but his opinion is about as valuable as a homeless guy living under a bridge.

Aulac

Reaction score
You don't get to where he is being an idiot.

You can if you have connection. Most of the high paying jobs out there today is through connection more so than qualification.

Blake

Reaction score
Since when does a boxing announcer’s opinion mean so much when discussing football? Yes, they have him commenting on other sports now, but his opinion is about as valuable as a homeless guy living under a bridge.

A homeless guy living under a bridge has a more valuable opinion than yours.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Maybe because teams weren’t getting as blown out as much as we were, despite us having much better rosters?

How come QBs like Andy Dalton still had better stats when it was the 4th quarter and down by 7 than Dak? What part of 4th quarter and down by 7 did you miss, with Dak’s whopping 4.7 YPC, 0 TDs and 1 INT performances than? If it was anything other than garbage time, you would think he could at least match Andy Dalton, considering AD didn’t even have Zach Martin on his line the whole year except for the half he came back and won against the Giants?
Dude shut the **** up already. Dak has embarrassed you at this point and your boy lost his job in Chicago. You can take your knee pads off and sit on the sidelines like him now.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak haters: The entire fourth quarter will be garbage time. I’m excited to see Darnold put up those numbers that Dak does in “garbage time”

They were garbage time against soft zone coverage, like Dak’s last year…. 2 TDs in the fourth…. So now you understand….

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Both have big foreheads.
Similarity comparison over.

I can see the similarities Kellerman is talking about.

Let's be real. Kellerman is a better analyst than the average zoner.

That's not to say there aren't some knowledgable zoners, because there certainly are.

That's been proven to me each year for almost two decades since I've been a member of this board.

But I'd venture to say his comparison is more accurate than yours, in this instance.

cowboyed

Reaction score
There is a middle ground between haters and fanboys. Dak is in season 6 of his career and he's got 1 playoff win and .500 record as a QB. So what credit would you like conferred on him? Should the credit outweigh his actual accomplishments on the field?
Peyton had some solid, balanced teams and great coaching support around him. Dak was out just about the entire season last year with that horrific ankle injury. Let's just state that Dak is Dak and becoming a complete and possibly elite quarterback.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peyton had some solid, balanced teams and great coaching support around him. Dak was out just about the entire season last year with that horrific ankle injury. Let's just state that Dak is Dak and becoming a complete and possibly elite quarterback.

Dak is playing the best he has ever played, no doubt. He's got a long way to go before he's considered in the Manning class.......either of them. Peyton would have 6 rings if he didn't play in the Belechek/Brady era.