Maybe Red WON'T be the next head coach....

newlander

Reaction score
I'm not trying to rile anyone up, but after yesterday.....I have my doubts. His "game plan" is being universally laughed at today. From media, to fans around the league people are laughing at him running MB3 8 frigin' times. Hey, IF he isn't cut out for it, at least we found out now. Time will tell, but the next big NFC East match against NY will be huge for him and his future here because you know Jerry has doubts. We've pulled this before with him at the helm: last years against the Giants in our playoff loss, Wash. in the regular season and Philly in the regular season. (those were blown off by everyone because we were banged up) Wade and Stew are almost CERTAIN not to be here next year and really......who cares? We can go out and get a solid D. Coordinator. But Red Ball? I dunno, starting to have my doubts...........:cool:

ethiostar

Reaction score
newlander;2296870 said:
I'm not trying to rile anyone up, but after yesterday.....I have my doubts. His "game plan" is being universally laughed at today. From media, to fans around the league people are laughing at him running MB3 8 frigin' times. Hey, IF he isn't cut out for it, at least we found out now. Time will tell, but the next big NFC East match against NY will be huge for him and his future here because you know Jerry has doubts. We've pulled this before with him at the helm: last years against the Giants in our playoff loss, Wash. in the regular season and Philly in the regular season. (those were blown off by everyone because we were banged up) Wade and Stew are almost CERTAIN not to be here next year and really......who cares? We can go out and get a solid D. Coordinator. But Red Ball? I dunno, starting to have my doubts...........:cool:

I think it's a bit too early to jump to any conclusions. Under his coordinatorship :Dthis offense has set a whole bunch of records and has been ranked in the top 5 in just about any offensive category.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
puh-lease. a couple more of those passes go for completions and we've got a win and everyone is praising our hard fought victory and how we didn't run the ball but "took what the D was giving us"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can always compare what Garrett's offense is doing to what Wade's defense is doing.....

:rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of the way Garrett called the game yesterday, but compared to the job that Wade and Stewart did, I consider it the lesser of two evils.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
The entire coaching staff had their pants pulled down on national tv. I wouldn't single out the offense when the other side of the ball gave up 26 points and 381 yards.

Total team effort yesterday.

dre1614

Reaction score
newlander;2296870 said:

You guys freaking amaze me. Especially after 24 points, and 340 + yards of offense. Yes its not what we are used to seeing, but its still better than average compared to the rest of the league.

You cant expect greatness form our offense every time out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
newlander;2296870 said:

I think anyone who would base an absolute opinion over one game is not worth listening too.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
It was a bad game plan but you cannot judge Him on this game alone. Look at the GB game, they took out Witten and OWens and He countered with a very very nice playcalling.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doomsday101;2296958 said:
I think anyone who would base an absolute opinion over one game is not worth listening too.

Thank you .....

Many of this forums members have disappointed me more than the Cowboys did yesterday.

dre1614

Reaction score
believe it or not its easier to shut down a great offense than it is to beat a great defense.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
ethiostar;2296880 said:
thi offense has set a whole bunch of records.....
I was just wondering.....what records have they set? I'm asking honestly. You'd think records would be a big deal, but I have not heard of them setting any records.

dre1614

Reaction score
Extreme;2297003 said:
I was just wondering.....what records have they set? I'm asking honestly. You'd think records would be a big deal, but I have not heard of them setting any records.

they set a lot of Cowboy records last year if I'm not mistaken. Like most 300 yard passing games, most points etc etc....

Not positive but a stat guru can probably respond better.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Anybody who laughs at an offense that scored 24 points and had one turnover is being a hypocrite. Where were they laughing when it happened to NYG? Or Arizona? Or the Saints?

If they can't see the defense is the problem, then the joke is on them.

YAKUZA

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
stasheroo;2296899 said:
We can always compare what Garrett's offense is doing to what Wade's defense is doing.....

:rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of the way Garrett called the game yesterday, but compared to the job that Wade and Stewart did, I consider it the lesser of two evils.
Ha no doubt the offense philosophy compared to the defense looked excellent. obviously i would have loved for us to run the ball a lot more and give jones touches like it was reported we would do but when the offense is struggling its when the team most needs its defense to step up and make some plays. but the way our defense is run we are not set up to force turnovers and we are not set up to get stops. Seriously its just a stupid way to play. Even when you are playing that way when ahead its dumb thats how teams blow leads late in games all the time. ah man hopefully we have such a shift in the way we play defense but i have my doubts...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I really dont understand people crucifying Garrett. Did he give up on the run? Yeah he probably did, but why should he blamed for that when the team basically had two decent running plays the entire game? The OL played a horrible game and got absolutely no push whatsoever. They read and bought into the headlines that they were just awesome and didnt work at it yesterday, and got their butts kicked.

Romo wasnt very sharp either. The defense was putrid, and the special teams (other than Folk) were all horrible.

Total team loss. Not one player, not one coach, not one unit. T-E-A-M.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2297037 said:
I really dont understand people crucifying Garrett. Did he give up on the run? Yeah he probably did, but why should he blamed for that when the team basically had two decent running plays the entire game? The OL played a horrible game and got absolutely no push whatsoever. They read and bought into the headlines that they were just awesome and didnt work at it yesterday, and got their butts kicked.

Romo wasnt very sharp either. The defense was putrid, and the special teams (other than Folk) were all horrible.

Total team loss. Not one player, not one coach, not one unit. T-E-A-M.

And in Garrett's 'defense', I would add that two of the team's key scoring drives were the result of the team being up against the clock.

They were driving with a limited amount of time before the half. That prevents a team from running the ball.

They were also forced to pass late when they were down by 9 points. I think a lot of the lack of a running game had to do with time.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
newlander;2296870 said:

Get rid of Red and Stewart next year?

I could have sworn just last week I was reading 16-0 and 19-0 threads.

:bang2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jason Garrett had an off day.
So what? Landry had his. Jimma had his. Wade has had a million off days.

Unless Garrett for some reason rejects the offer that is coming, he'll be the next HC of the Cowboys.