Maybe Red WON'T be the next head coach....

Mansta54

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2296958 said:
I think anyone who would base an absolute opinion over one game is not worth listening too.

Can you believe it. JG has guided this O to unbelievable numbers and after 1 game idiots are questioning him. Folks just must be bored I guess..

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Jason Garrett will be the next head coach. He has been outstanding, and he is very smart. He can make adjustments. Dallas has a bye this year before they play the Commanders again. They have one, too. I wonder why they always get one before they play us at home. This will be the fourth year in a row they get one before they play us. Again, Dallas gets that bye, too. Garrett will make the adjustments. He put it on Andy Reid this year in the first matchup after losing to them in Dallas last year. It's a game of adjustments, and Garrett can make them.

I will call it straight up. Dallas will beat the Commanders on Sunday night in Washington.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2296888 said:
puh-lease. a couple more of those passes go for completions and we've got a win and everyone is praising our hard fought victory and how we didn't run the ball but "took what the D was giving us"

well, probably the reason for a couple missed passes was due to lack of running game

I hate pass happy teams, I really do. Dare we EVER become one because results are never good IMO

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
41gy#;2297224 said:
Dallas has a bye this year before they play the Commanders again. They have one, too. I wonder why they always get one before they play us at home. This will be the fourth year in a row they get one before they play us. Again, Dallas gets that bye, too. .

.......:eek:

MCowboys

Reaction score
I guess this is the logic that would have had Spagnuolo fired from the Giants during week 1 last year.

Garrett wasn't great, their was no balance, but honestly we lost by 2 and scored 24. If that's the biggest problem ever, we are in good shape.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am wondering who the greatest coaches of all time were. Just a quick list in no particular order.

Tom Landry
Don Shula
Paul Brown
Bill Walsh
Chuck Noll
George Allen
Vince Lombardi
George Halas
Bill Belicheck

That right there is a list of 9 of the luckiest sons of *****es to ever walk the sidelines in the NFL. If one bad game as a Coordinator can spell doom for a top prospect in today's NFL they are simply lucky. Lucky, lucky, lucky, damned lucky.

Luck.

Hailmary

Reaction score
newlander;2296870 said:
I'm not trying to rile anyone up, but after yesterday.....I have my doubts. His "game plan" is being universally laughed at today. From media, to fans around the league people are laughing at him running MB3 8 frigin' times. Hey, IF he isn't cut out for it, at least we found out now. Time will tell, but the next big NFC East match against NY will be huge for him and his future here because you know Jerry has doubts. We've pulled this before with him at the helm: last years against the Giants in our playoff loss, Wash. in the regular season and Philly in the regular season. (those were blown off by everyone because we were banged up) Wade and Stew are almost CERTAIN not to be here next year and really......who cares? We can go out and get a solid D. Coordinator. But Red Ball? I dunno, starting to have my doubts...........:cool:

I agree that we have gotten a little too pass happy of late, and I'm a firm believer that a solid running game will be the best remedy for our sometimes ailing D (we score too quickly and don't give the D sufficient time to get a breather imo).

W/ all that said, I assure you that Garrett being our next HC is the surest bet in town. It's not a question of "if" but "when".

ilovejerry

Reaction score
newlander;2296870 said:
I'm not trying to rile anyone up, but after yesterday.....I have my doubts. His "game plan" is being universally laughed at today. From media, to fans around the league people are laughing at him running MB3 8 frigin' times. Hey, IF he isn't cut out for it, at least we found out now. Time will tell, but the next big NFC East match against NY will be huge for him and his future here because you know Jerry has doubts. We've pulled this before with him at the helm: last years against the Giants in our playoff loss, Wash. in the regular season and Philly in the regular season. (those were blown off by everyone because we were banged up) Wade and Stew are almost CERTAIN not to be here next year and really......who cares? We can go out and get a solid D. Coordinator. But Red Ball? I dunno, starting to have my doubts...........:cool:

I would lock him up as our coach for 10 years

newlander

Reaction score
Aaaahhh....the apologists....sarge, dakota, yakuza and the rest. Read the whole post homers. I flat out said this isn't the first time he has called a bad game in crunch time: and I'll stick by it. The Giants playoff game comes to mind as does the Philly game at home last season: oh yeah, Romo's hand was banged up.....excuses, excuses. I'm pointing out a fact that lots of people on here have made today and you guys are so insecure and fragile that you resort to childish put downs to feel secure. You're wrong, Red is still raw and he proved it yesterday with his inept play calling against a slightly above avg. defense. I dismissed Stew and Wade because they have shown NONE of the attacking, aggressive hard hitting, man to man defensive strategies that make great defenses stand out. Those are facts: can they get better? Maybe, but it's up to Wade to show it, and whipping up on Cinci and St. Louis might make all of you homers with fragile make ups happy, but not me. ANY decent coach in this league can beat mediocre teams with this talent, but this coaching staff needs to prove that it can mentally prepare this team to beat the GOOD teams, especially during crunch time. Hasn't happened yet, and you all know it. Stop being babies and sucking your thumb over it. Admit the truth, and realize there is a problem. JJ certainly isn't burying his head in the sand like the old guard on this board. He's kicking *** and taking names and will hold this staff accountable when the time comes. Just don't give me the "we had one bad game" nonsense because it just isn't true. (PS-Tried and true Cowboys fan since 77' so don't give me any of your "troll" b.s. in response to my accurate opinion either, won't work. I'm old school and believe in accountability. Most of you guys would do great on Wade's staff: lots of excuses) FINAL QUESTION: WHEN HAS THIS TEAM BEAT A VERY GOOD OR GREAT TEAM WHEN IT REALLY COUNTED.....Yeah, don't answer, because you can't: it hasn't happened: yet. Remember, the first step in knowing you have a problem is to acknowledge said problem. It's not "whining" or saying "the sky is falling" it's being realistic, addressing the issues to get better, and then going out and actually winning a big game that matters. Rant over.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The biggest problem yesterday was the Commanders were ultra-aggressive and we didn't make them pay for it.

If we had a healthy Terry Glenn, we would have brutalized that game plan.

The lack of speed opposite TO is a big problem and we do need more of a big play threat on offense.

I had hoped Felix could be that threat, but he hasn't been integrated into the offense yet so he can't provide it. In hindsight, we probably should have drafted a speed receiver in the second round - Desean and Royal have put up big numbers thus far. At least they would have seen the field.

Given we are not going to use Felix much more than we used Emmitt's backups (at least for now), I think Austin has to be the guy who gets the defenses to back off which means Crayton should become the #3. I think it is the only thing keeping us from becoming a truly dynamic offense which has only been hinted at the last couple of years.

dre1614

Reaction score
newlander;2297376 said:
Aaaahhh....the apologists....sarge, dakota, yakuza and the rest. Read the whole post homers. I flat out said this isn't the first time he has called a bad game in crunch time: and I'll stick by it. The Giants playoff game comes to mind as does the Philly game at home last season: oh yeah, Romo's hand was banged up.....excuses, excuses. I'm pointing out a fact that lots of people on here have made today and you guys are so insecure and fragile that you resort to childish put downs to feel secure. You're wrong, Red is still raw and he proved it yesterday with his inept play calling against a slightly above avg. defense. I dismissed Stew and Wade because they have shown NONE of the attacking, aggressive hard hitting, man to man defensive strategies that make great defenses stand out. Those are facts: can they get better? Maybe, but it's up to Wade to show it, and whipping up on Cinci and St. Louis might make all of you homers with fragile make ups happy, but not me. ANY decent coach in this league can beat mediocre teams with this talent, but this coaching staff needs to prove that it can mentally prepare this team to beat the GOOD teams, especially during crunch time. Hasn't happened yet, and you all know it. Stop being babies and sucking your thumb over it. Admit the truth, and realize there is a problem. JJ certainly isn't burying his head in the sand like the old guard on this board. He's kicking *** and taking names and will hold this staff accountable when the time comes. Just don't give me the "we had one bad game" nonsense because it just isn't true. (PS-Tried and true Cowboys fan since 77' so don't give me any of your "troll" b.s. in response to my accurate opinion either, won't work. I'm old school and believe in accountability. Most of you guys would do great on Wade's staff: lots of excuses) FINAL QUESTION: WHEN HAS THIS TEAM BEAT A VERY GOOD OR GREAT TEAM WHEN IT REALLY COUNTED.....Yeah, don't answer, because you can't: it hasn't happened: yet. Remember, the first step in knowing you have a problem is to acknowledge said problem. It's not "whining" or saying "the sky is falling" it's being realistic, addressing the issues to get better, and then going out and actually winning a big game that matters. Rant over.

dude you complain just to complain. Relax and have a cold one, have faith in the team. If you dont have faith then you must be a miserable person to worry about things you cant control.

newlander

Reaction score
Point taken Dre. I'm wound up and pissed off more at the people in here coming up with their lame "theories" as to why this team can't win big games. Stings like H(E)LL or I wouldn't waste my time posting about it. I will now take your advice, crack open that beer and watch the ravens bludgeon the steelers. (hopefully)

dre1614

Reaction score
newlander;2297398 said:
Point taken Dre. I'm wound up and pissed off more at the people in here coming up with their lame "theories" as to why this team can't win big games. Stings like H(E)LL or I wouldn't waste my time posting about it. I will now take your advice, crack open that beer and watch the ravens bludgeon the steelers. (hopefully)

I'm looking forward to the game tonight as well, and hope that the Ravens shut down the Steelers.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas Offense ranked #2 in NFL

Averaging 30 points a game. Stop trying to "blame" redball for our 3-1 start.

Our defense has in spots been unable to stop opponents, especially yesterday.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2297021 said:
Anybody who laughs at an offense that scored 24 points and had one turnover is being a hypocrite. Where were they laughing when it happened to NYG? Or Arizona? Or the Saints?

If they can't see the defense is the problem, then the joke is on them.

YAKUZA

:hammer: