Maybe someone can explain

badleelee

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1709013 said:
How Fasano running into a Patriot was offensive PI but Moss running into Watkins was defensive PI?

I know we scored on the next play, but TO was forced out.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
How Fasano running into a Patriot was offensive PI but Moss running into Watkins was defensive PI?

Fasano is a Cowboy, Moss is a Patriot

The Patriot

Reaction score
But the TD catch by Moss that they called back because of a pushoff? He really didn't push off.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The Patriot;1709049 said:
But the TD catch by Moss that they called back because of a pushoff? He really didn't push off.
You won, now go away. don't be disrespectful

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Go celebrate your future lombardy trophy.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Why don't you push off on out of here?

Hoofbite

Reaction score

even if that was the case.....boo hoo. too bad to have a call go against you in a game. Try having it all damned game and not just in garbage time. Hell, try having it each week.

And he did push off. He extended his arms and was guilty of the call. Fact is, he probably didn't need to but he did and it was a legit flag.

Bizwah

Reaction score

Have the decency to come back when we've cooled off.

What am I saying?

When the Patriots are concerned, decency goes out the window.

Carry on then.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

It doesn't even matter. We've been getting crap calls all year, just get used to it and adjust.

My highschool basketball coach used to say, Never put yourself in a position where the refs can decide the game.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The difference is Fasano was blocking down field on a pass play before the ball was thrown.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm not one to blame the refs -- ever. I don't think there's any conspriracy kind of things going on, ever.

But I didn't understand some calls. When T.O. ws pushed out on that catch they didn't call a forceout, an official ran down the sideline and signaled to wind the clock. Why? The guy just got knocked 8 yards out of bounds. Under what scenario should the clock ever run in that situation?

I also thought T.O. caught a sideline pass at 2:05 of the first half and went OB, but the clock ticked down to the 2:00 warning. Why? Did I miss something?

I really don't think that was PI on the Moss endzone play, but whatever. Thought the call on Fasano was awful.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The way I see it, we lost this game for 3 primary reasons. First, our ongoing problems with slow starts. Secondly, we continually shot ourselves in the foot with drive-stopping penalties. Finally, our depth in the defensive secondary with Henry on the sidelines killed us in their 4-5 receiver sets. While I certainly wouldn't say it cost us the game, the pass interference penalty near the end of the third quarter was one of the worst calls I've seen. It was a 4 point game at that point and the bogus PI call gave N.E. a TD rather than forcing them to kick a field goal. Watkins was actually in front and ahead of Moss and he was making a play on the ball. Moss ran into Watkins and we get the PI call. Just plain ole B.S. Would we have won the game had the proper call been made? Who knows, but it sure as hell helped their cause.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1709089 said:
even if that was the case.....boo hoo. too bad to have a call go against you in a game. Try having it all damned game and not just in garbage time. Hell, try having it each week.

And he did push off. He extended his arms and was guilty of the call. Fact is, he probably didn't need to but he did and it was a legit flag.

It was such a pushoff that if it wasn't, you can best bet that Brady would've sprinted towards the ref and yelled at him like he *always* does on bad calls. Instead he didn't, knowing that Moss really pushed off.

YAKUZA

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1709153 said:
I'm not one to blame the refs -- ever. I don't think there's any conspriracy kind of things going on, ever.

I don't think most are blaming the refs, they're just sick and tired of lousy officiating almost each week that seems to go against Dallas. I've actually been somewhat pleased with the refereeing this year...especially compared to last year (except for the fact that it seems that any O-Lineman can put Ware in the Cobra Clutch and still not get called for holding). However, it still seems that when the refereeing is awry, it's usually extremely bad and not in Dallas' favor.

And nothing is more annoying that some mediot then writing the next day how Dallas got a break on some call that really wasn't a break to begin with and doesn't make up for the plethora of bad calls against them.

I'm sure somebody will say that Moss really caught that second TD and got jobbed. It's only natural.

YAKUZA

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1709320 said:
I don't think most are blaming the refs, they're just sick and tired of lousy officiating almost each week that seems to go against Dallas. I've actually been somewhat pleased with the refereeing this year...especially compared to last year (except for the fact that it seems that any O-Lineman can put Ware in the Cobra Clutch and still not get called for holding). However, it still seems that when the refereeing is awry, it's usually extremely bad and not in Dallas' favor.

And nothing is more annoying that some mediot then writing the next day how Dallas got a break on some call that really wasn't a break to begin with and doesn't make up for the plethora of bad calls against them.

I'm sure somebody will say that Moss really caught that second TD and got jobbed. It's only natural.
I know, Rich, it was more a pre-emptive strike against people who read any questioning of a call and feel the need to post that the league doesn't really have it in for us. :)

I totally agree about the holds on Ware. It happens all the time. But I see it in other games, too, when the edge rusher is held. I seriously wonder if the league has told officials to not call that unless it's unbelievably obvious. It wouldn't surprise me, as much as the league tries to encourage offense. (Which I hate.)

Oh, and sort of OT, but on Moss' almost-catch, all during Moss' PC after the game ESPN was running that highlight followed by Wade with his hands up and "Touchdown" on the screen. Of course, it wasn't a TD. Kind of disingenuous by BSPN to act like it was.