Maybe we should send the Packers a thank you card

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
After all, reading the internet, the local paper, and watching several sports shows, apparently the Packers GAVE us home field advantage. I know that it is a play on words, but come on. Not once have I heard that the Cowboys earned it. Not once have I heard that the Cowboys deserve it.

One even said that the Cowboys got home field advantage while idle. And that came from a local sports moron here in the Charlotte area. I guess that he was right. We were idle Sunday since the Cowboys left Charlotte Saturday with a win.

Nevermind that our record is one game better than the Packers. Nevermind that we actually beat them.

It's not like we earned it. So thanks Packers. Thanks for the gift.

~~Rant off~~

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyfan4life_mark;1855340 said:
After all, reading the internet, the local paper, and watching several sports shows, apparently the Packers GAVE us home field advantage. I know that it is a play on words, but come on. Not once have I heard that the Cowboys earned it. Not once have I heard that the Cowboys deserve it.

One even said that the Cowboys got home field advantage while idle. And that came from a local sports moron here in the Charlotte area. I guess that he was right. We were idle Sunday since the Cowboys left Charlotte Saturday with a win.

Nevermind that our record is one game better than the Packers. Nevermind that we actually beat them.

It's not like we earned it. So thanks Packers. Thanks for the gift.

~~Rant off~~
Well, I wouldn't call it a 'gift'. More like a burnt offering, since the Bears roasted the Pack like a pig over a bonfire. /sarcasm off

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Just more media hatred. We beat the Packers head to head. The game was huge to win out in a likely tie breaker scenario. The Pack couldn't even make it to the last week. We handled our business this weekend. GB not only lost but got destroyed. Nothing to apologize about.

sbark

Reaction score
It was a nice break.......give several dinged up key players an extra week to heal up

should be able to get to 95%+ healthy by 1st playoff game

those are the type of breaks that get teams to the Big show

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I know what you are saying. The media wants to believe we backed in HFA :laugh2:

If a win was needed next week then I believe we would have stepped up and got the win :starspin

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If anything, the Commanders shoud send a "thank you" card to the Packers! Otherwise the Cowboys would travel to Fed-X and beat them down like usual...

But, now that the Cowboys will most likey just breeze, and sneeze and snooze into the Commander game, that gives the Skins a chance at least to win the game.

AND, I hope the Commanders do win the game because I would love nothing more than the Lil Midget to resign St. Gibbs to a 10 extension!!

;)

Woods

Reaction score
I have to admit that I was really surprised how thoroughly the Bears beat the Packers. I didn't think they could do it.

I watched the entire game, and the Bears absolutely dominated the Packers in every facet of the game.

It was an old-fashioned butt-kicking.