Mazi Smith Issues

Deionindahood

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Mazi, a leader of the defense at Michigan and a 1st team Big Ten All Star selection is having a down season. I read once that some players struggle with unfamiliar environments and surrounds once they leave college. Mazi is a Michigan born product who played local high school football and then at Michigan.
Could Mazi be just plain old "homesick"?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I prefer to stick to the Bill Parcells school of thought. You get three years then you are what you are. So he's got 1.5 more years to prove he isn't a huge bust.
Some guys are so bad that you can tell right away that they don't belong in the NFL. Waiting 1.5 years for Mazi to come around is a futile effort.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mazi isn't having a down season, because he was never up except 1 game. Dude been a dud since he was drafted. They took someone who was unproductive in college and thought he could turn into aaron donald cause he worked out real good for the draft. Wake up and start believing in these kids tape.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Bro is making over 13 mill guaranteed he is good don't feel bad for him. He will flash the tail end of his contract year and Jerry will fall in love and reward him for it. He is doing great for someone who doesn't even like to play football.

The Natural

Reaction score
"“I don’t even like football, man,” Smith said. “I like hitting people.”

From the horse's mouth

Maverick84

Reaction score
can still remember them sitting with him at the press conference...

"he's so strong hehehe"

smfh

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Folks tried to rationalize his complete lack of production on his position and scheme while at Michigan.

I even allowed myself to buy into it based off fandom and wanting him to succeed.

There should be no surprises of what he’s done, or more accurately hasn’t done in the NFL.

He’s gonna be a one contract 1st rounder for us.