McBride says Tyson 'bit my nipple'

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Heavyweight boxer Kevin McBride said Mike Tyson bit him during McBride's sixth-round TKO victory over the former undisputed champion on Saturday night, the British newspaper The Sun reported Thursday.

"Tyson is crazy. He bit my nipple," McBride told the newspaper. "I didn't realize it at first but he had his teeth around it. I just felt a strange sensation and then realized what he'd done. He could not get up high enough to bite my ears — good job he wasn't a midget, otherwise he would have bitten something else."

Also during that fight, Tyson head butted McBride and tried to break his arm twice while they were in clinches. McBride needed 15 stitches to close the cut over his eye.

"Tyson butted me, tried to break my arm," McBride told The Sun. "I screamed out in pain. He smashed my face with his forearm but I said to him, 'Is that all you have, Mike?' He was just so desperate to win but he is a (expletive) lunatic."

In 1996, Tyson bit off part of one of Evander Holyfield's ears in their rematch that led to Tyson's disqualification and suspension.

In 2002, at a melee at a news conference in New York, Tyson bit champion Lennox Lewis' leg.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Again Tyson is not a boxer he is a thug, his actions time and again are indefensible.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Tyson was unstoppable early in his career. He had loads of potential, but he couldn't keep it together. He used to bank on Lewis when they sparred together back in the day

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Tyson was unstoppable early in his career. He had loads of potential, but he couldn't keep it together. He used to bank on Lewis when they sparred together back in the day

When you get down to it he was winning aginst bums to start with, Heavy Weight division has been poor for a longtime now. Who are the big name fighters that Tyson beat? Even George Forman proved how week the division was when a man in his late 40's could come back and beat many of these guys.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tyson at 19 was even better than Ali at 19.
At 26 Tyson was done.

He had tremendous natural power and leverage but no heart or mind.
When he could just destroy guys and fights lasted 2 rounds tops, he was king of the world: good or bad opponent was meaningless.
But force him to box and he wasn't going to do anything of note.

Its hard to figure how much of Tyson is show and how much is real. These freak incidents earn him more money than being a good guy would have. They are suspect to say the least.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Tyson at 19 was even better than Ali at 19.
At 26 Tyson was done.

He had tremendous natural power and leverage but no heart or mind.
When he could just destroy guys and fights lasted 2 rounds tops, he was king of the world: good or bad opponent was meaningless.
But force him to box and he wasn't going to do anything of note.

Its hard to figure how much of Tyson is show and how much is real. These freak incidents earn him more money than being a good guy would have. They are suspect to say the least.

Because he did not face anyone, a true boxer is not going to stand toe to toe they will stick and move just as Douglas did to Tyson and whipped his ars. Tyson no doubt had a great punch but he was constantly lunging when he would throw a punch. A great boxer side steps that and nails Tyson and every boxer who has done that to mikey has kicked his butt. Guy totally overrated. Worse part is when Tyson is getting his butt kicked he resorts to cheap shots and biting which should have gotten his ars kicked out of boxing for good. There is no room for that kind of garbage.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Because he did not face anyone, a true boxer is not going to stand toe to toe they will stick and move just as Douglas did to Tyson and whipped his ars. Tyson no doubt had a great punch but he was constantly lunging when he would throw a punch. A great boxer side steps that and nails Tyson and every boxer who has done that to mikey has kicked his butt. Guy totally overrated. Worse part is when Tyson is getting his butt kicked he resorts to cheap shots and biting which should have gotten his ars kicked out of boxing for good. There is no room for that kind of garbage.

Douglas stood toe to toe with a scrubby Tyson, not the 19 year old version that was lightning fast, dedicated and hungry, being trained by Cus D'Amato.
Part of the reason there were no heavyweights wa sno one wanted a piece of Tyson. Spinks, Holmes and others were very experienced guys who had no chance. Trevor Berbick fought him for a bit but Tyson was a tempest back then that just destroyed people.

The heavyweight division sucks right now too, largely because lennox lewis who Tyson used to have as a scrub sparring partner, is so much better than anyone else.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Douglas stood toe to toe with a scrubby Tyson, not the 19 year old version that was lightning fast, dedicated and hungry, being trained by Cus D'Amato.
Part of the reason there were no heavyweights wa sno one wanted a piece of Tyson. Spinks, Holmes and others were very experienced guys who had no chance. Trevor Berbick fought him for a bit but Tyson was a tempest back then that just destroyed people.

The heavyweight division sucks right now too, largely because lennox lewis who Tyson used to have as a scrub sparring partner, is so much better than anyone else.

Douglas did not stand toe to toe and even talked about after the fight, he stuck and moved through out the fight. I have said Tyson had a great punch but he was constantly off balance in his fights and most of the guys he did fight where not good fighters. I'll grant you he fought those who were there but that is not saying much. Lastly as I said earlier anytime Tyson did run into a guy he could not beat he resorted to cheap shot. I do not think highly of Tyson. If you liked him then great but I have seen much better fighters (Boxers) than Tyson in the heavy weight division.