Twitter: McCarthey Presser - 06/03/21

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Found this on Rockport’s Instagram...guess someone’s not as big of Dak fan as we all thought.

CF0-F6-AA0-E398-44-CE-ABD0-001042-F67884.jpg

What a sexy beast

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Creating a role" for McAdoo suggests he owes a buddy a favor and I know Jerry is fine with that.

They are paying him for nothing if you read between the lines of what was said, but it doesn't count against the cap, so fine by me. No one is going to listen to him anyway.

I agree with him on Gregory.
Good stuff. At least we know what McAdoo will be doing for sure now.
This is a good role, as I think they need extra planning on both sides of the ball. Someone to get a jump start on the next opponent without taking away duties of others.

What if you had access to other team's analysis of your own team's defense?

They'll have McAdoo evaluate the Cowboys defense as if he is the OC or HC game planning against them.

They needed an ex Defensive Coordinator back in the Garrett days to self scout the Cowboys offense. A D-Coordinator self scouting the offense in real time would have had notes of predicting the play before the snap with about 90% accuracy...

cristglo

Reaction score
lol well it cant hurt to have someone else working on game plans, they need help in that are badly.
If you want to see the presser

you have to scroll 5 or more minutes to get to it.
Mike did say he was making a conscious effort not to hire guys he has known lol :huh:
But clearly he just hired ben, and created a job for him, and he said he had a history with him !
not much was really said, and many dumb questions.

Ok so I went back and watched the clip. Yes I really did lol My really main concern was that KM has done a good job and I wouldnt want Ben trying to come in and change that. W
Listening to Mike he is here in Just a consultant job and yes having another pair of eyes cant hurt at all and he can bring new and different options So yeah I can be on board with that! :)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Evidently, practice drills are going smoothly. Things are looking up, now. Let's be glad for that. Maybe this is our year?!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
How much is McCarthy really doing? He has surrounded himself with ex-NFL headcoaches. So how much is he really doing? It kind of feels like he's just passing the buck to his help.

But you have to give him credit for the hirings we've made. All of these guys had coaches reporting to them at one point in their careers. So they've absorbed knowledge from their assistants that they can now bring to Dallas. You got to figure that's a lot of know how in those coaches meetings. So let's just hope all of that knowledge can create better gameplans and make quicker adjustments, then we've seen in the past.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to our scrimmages with the Rams. Always some spirited exchanges in these things. Scuffles will ensue! :grin:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
not 100% truth maybe it was necessary but if TP practices it well, it will be used a lot more then it may have been..that up to TP to shine when hes called on..

"necessity is mother of invention"
Sure thats possible, I thought MM laughing when he was answering ,said he thought it was funny people thought he would use tp as a receiver.
Think about it they are loaded on them, so no way is tp going to be used as a wr,and he will be doing good just to get some run plays,
and he may catch some balls on the rb plays.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I seem to recall that as well, yes. There was a lot of talk about things that never happened under Garrett.
Seemed true, I always felt that something was about to totally change but I just kept waiting.
Its like Garrett was stuck in some perpetual time loop malfunction.

plasticman

Reaction score
As far as the Cowboys are concerned this season, the only "hot seats" are in AT&T stadium and they are going fast.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper- Gallup- Lamb- Pollard -Zeke

If they go light with DBs for pass, then you have two RBs who can run, if they try and match with LBs then you have Pollard who can run a route like a WR.

Get your best players on the field

That would be great if we get them on the field. But we also have to be adept with play calling and adjustments.

I wonder...does Dak have the authority...ability? adeptness? ...to change plays at line of scrimmage? Not trying to criticize I just don't know the dynamics there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whitehead is the one I couldn’t think of currently lol.....Dwayne Harris probably was the best of the bunch I liked how he could contribute to special teams too.

I enjoyed watching harris play. You always felt like something was gonna happen. Wish he could have had a bigger role.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've seen it numerous of times that doesn't matter when you have clipboard Charlie calling the plays. That Philly game was horrific. Moore benched our 2 WR'S on 4th & goal w/the game & division on the line. He called the same play & Philly caught it.

Yet we have ignorant fans blaming Dallas's quarterback.

At some point our players do need to be held accountable, and that includes Dak. Fairly of course.

But it's my opinion our coaching staff bears the brunt of it. Especially offensive scheming and play calling. Nope..I am no expert, and hindsight is 20/20...but sometimes thy just leave you scratching your head.

I think these 'ignorant fans' you speak of are few and far between, with a few trolls thrown in. It's just that they are so annoying...ya know?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Whitehead is the one I couldn’t think of currently lol.....Dwayne Harris probably was the best of the bunch I liked how he could contribute to special teams too.

I thought they should have used Harris more out of the backfield. I bet he'd be stout in blitz pickup, and despite his lack of speed, he had a knack for open field running. I think he was primarily a dump off pass outlet in college, and really produced.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
this is beyond common in sports period happens with all coaching staffs , look over there at the Jags that coach who everyone here wanted badly is the worst offender even past coaches and players, Meyer was coveted here, yet hes doing that wherever he goes.

so let it go this is normal around sports. Saying somehow our coaches are the worst its because we are blanketed in news from our team 24-7 365.... newsflash i see this all the time around all sports..

Look up definition of cronyism before trying to educate me.