Twitter: McCarthy comments to media today

phildadon86

Reaction score
Which makes inability to cash in during red-zone appearances a problem too. Is that being addressed?
Kicking problems are Daks fault? Lol. Gotcha. Talk to the brainiac named Kellen Moore about red zone problems.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Yeah I don't buy the you're helping me if we know where he'll line up excuse. Everybody knew where Reggie White lined up and it didn't help anybody except his own teammates.

Elite pass rushers need to pass rush. Period.

I'm good moving him around for a pass rush advantage but keeping him inside as 4-3 LB is questionable after seeing the way he plays the edge. Everyone knew where LT was too (right edge majority of the time), you couldn't stop him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
hopefully what you described is true. Getting a better Rayne then last year is going to be key in making up for some of the deficits we’ve experienced this off-season. I still can’t figure out if we are in a rebuild, partial rebuild or just a holding pattern this season

I think he's really got to get back to work on his form. After the injury, there were clear adjustments for it that he made which was affecting his throwing motion. The problem is he didn't seem to really regain the form he was showing earlier in the season. I don't know if that was a product of him still being hurt, or hesitant because of not wanting to hurt his ankle again, or if he couldn't figure out during the season how to get back to where he was. The mental game can have just as much of an effect as the physical one.

Motorola

Reaction score
I had a feeling when they cut Zuerlein that they wanted him back on a cheaper deal.
Based on last season - I wouldn't want him back on even the cheapest, rock-bottom contract a team could offer a veteran PK.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Yeah I don't buy the you're helping me if we know where he'll line up excuse. Everybody knew where Reggie White lined up and it didn't help anybody except his own teammates.

You have to stop the run before you have the right to pass rush. Hence the Cowboys fails in the playoffs every-time due to inability to stop the run.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some of his games at LB were not impactful for the whole defense.
Let him be a Randy White attacker against the offenses.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Even as a FT DE they still can move Micah around, having him in zone or man coverage half time isnt the most effective use of him.........go find a LB that will do that.
isnt he kinda light for full time end? I could see him getting mauled when teams run at him and he doesn’t have a DL holding up blockers and allowing him to run to the ball carrier.

mrmojo

Reaction score
isnt he kinda light for full time end? I could see him getting mauled when teams run at him and he doesn’t have a DL holding up blockers and allowing him to run to the ball carrier.
Yes that could happen but they could use him kind of like the Niners used Haley back in the day in the Elephant position.....just gotta be creative.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He signed with the Jets on a 1 year deal with a salary that puts him in the bottom 3rd of kickers. It doesn't seem like the Cowboys wanted him that bad, but probably offered him a nonguaranteed contract where he would have to compete.
He was released with a $2.5 million salary this year and the Jets signed him for $2.75

Cmac

Reaction score
Kicking problems are Daks fault? Lol. Gotcha. Talk to the brainiac named Kellen Moore about red zone problems.
Got it all wrong.......chip shots are a product of failed opportunities to get 6. So brainiac and QB have a hand in putting Z in the position to miss chip shots, unless it's a lesser opponent. Chicken before the egg theory.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

They do, but I have a hard time seeing him in a role where he is doing that every down.

The wear and tear for his size would not be sustainable. Now that all depends if you want to use him up or plan around him for a decade.

But some of his play as a coverage wildcard (the Golladay play) has been as outstanding as I have ever seen.

Parsons is slick when he needs to be, but I would run right at him if he were an every down end, in the same place, every down.

75boyz

Reaction score
Some of his games at LB were not impactful for the whole defense.
Let him be a Randy White attacker against the offenses.

Quinn should keep the opponent offensive lines and QBs guessing and have him chase down QBs from a variety of defensive positions.

Same as Hoodie utilized LT's elite pass rush skills.

As long as Micah is chasing QBs from somewhere his top skillset is being used.

jmo

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Ok so he’s clearly focused on the draft and Dak getting better with the WRs, but who exactly is he throwing to, Lamb and Washington?