McCarthy: Dak’s current stretch of play is comparable to some of Aaron Rodgers great stretches

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I would agree. The key will be will he do it in the games against the more difficult opponents. Of course, he played well against Philly in the first game, but we didn't win. So part of the challenge will be finding a way to win. That's not all on him, but for any comparison to Rodgers' great stretches, the team has to win.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I mean he's dropping dimes and using his legs to extend plays the way Arod used to. If he keeps it at this level I think we can realistically say that McCarthy's statement is spot on.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The West Coast offense truly does suit Dak much better than the Coryell offense he always ran before this season.

I have been kind of lukewarm on how good Dak is in prior seasons but this is different than he’s been playing. He really has been good.

The structured timing and footwork of the WCO really helps out his game. His accuracy is better… by a good bit. And he hasn’t been holding the ball nearly as much as he always did. Add in that he’s using his legs again to extend plays as well as running for first downs, and you have a much more Dangerous passing game and offense.

Sometimes in the NFL it is just about getting with the right coaching and schemes for your talent. If Dak can keep this up, the team will be a much bigger threat in the post season.

Reaction score
Granted he has been playing against mostly bad teams. Of the first 11 opponents only 2 have winning records and they they lost both games. In the last 6 games only one team has a losing record. The real Dak will back.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Granted he has been playing against mostly bad teams. Of the first 11 opponents only 2 have winning records and they they lost both games. In the last 6 games only one team has a losing record. The real Dak will back.
So what will you say when he keeps playing at this level even against the winning teams?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I was looking at the schedule to see if Dallas gets to play the Gnats 2 or 3 more times.....

Nope, they don't

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What excuse will you have if he continues to play at this level against the rest of the teams on our schedule?
History has shown he struggles against better teams and I see no reason for this to change. Dak has beaten up on lesser teams in the past. We've seen this show before, there isn't anything unique being thrown at us.

So who will you blame if Dak can't continue his current level of play?

Reaction score
So what will you say when he keeps playing at this level even against the winning teams?
If that happens I will of course admit I was wrong. But I doubt I will have to. In the 9 games against bad teams the Cowboys are averaging wining 35-13. Against winning teams they average losing 17-35. Padding your stats against bad teams doesn't make you better it just shows poor sportsmanship.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
History has shown he struggles against better teams and I see no reason for this to change. Dak has beaten up on lesser teams in the past. We've seen this show before, there isn't anything unique being thrown at us.

So who will you blame if Dak can't continue his current level of play?
He beat up the Eagles.