McCarthy deserves better than this

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
One thing that is known, because Booger made it known, is that no HC will ever have the power Parcells did while he is alive.

He came with that "jocks to socks" quip and we really didn't know that he meant that. Because it did not start off that way with Johnson on board. He had bigger fish to fry like getting in the black and getting fans past the initial shock.

Well, he is "jocks to socks" now which is his right like it is with Mike Brown and was with Crazy Al and Paul Brown.

I do not think Booger has convinced himself that anyone else could do a better job than he can. And he sees all of these GM's fail and get fired and the one thing he knows is himself well, there is no way he could ever be hands off with this team.

We can make as much of that admission that he should have fired himself as we want but the fact is he didn't.

Booger in his mind is like what like Thomas Edison said. "I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways it will not work".

And if we are all really honest about this. He is not even close to the worst GM we've seen. He is just not what we want but I do not know who I would want. There seems to be the triplets in management, the owner, GM and HC that creates synergy on really successful teams. like it did for the Rams this season. All were on the same page and in for a penny, in for a pound. Those situations just compliment each other because while the delineation of power is exact, so is the common goal.

Booger through wearing two hats in that and having a malleable HC has really reduced the triplets down to a single act.
All I know is what Jerry is doing is not working.
We have 27 years of evidence for that.
Is not that the definition of Insanity ?
Doing the same thing and expecting different results ?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's like Jerry bought the team, did everything right like hiring a young innovative coach, gave him control, made smart moves (the Walker trade and taking a QB in the 1st round), signing FA's that could contribute instead of patch up holes, and that lead to a dynasty.

Then for some reason went completely away from all of that and proceeded to be one of the least successful teams in the NFL in terms of playoff success since.
That is because jerry didnt enjoy those years with jimmy, aside from winning SB's, he didnt like his role in it all.
Jerry likes having total control, and he didnt have that with jimmy.
Also jerry thinks it is about assembling a team, and discounts leadership, culture, atmosphere.
He thinks just get the talent, and any HC can win with that, and that the team doesnt really need a "LEADER" !

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm not a McCarthy fan at all and never was, but he's set up to fail. I believe he's not 100% committed at this point anyways.

Every decision this season will have a "What would Peyton have done?" attached to it.

I mean, the team is significantly worse right now then it was last year, so there's no reason to think we're going to make a run.

I believe this will be the last year for big Mike and the watermelons in Dallas will breath a sigh of relief.
Great to have a 40 million dollar QB an aging OL and the most expensive RB in the game and a lame duck HC. What franchise does this?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well this is a wild comparison, but jerry is similar to hitler as a leader.
They both had early success, that went to their head, and made them think they were infallible, and then hitler got rid of his generals,that
he didnt get along with, and jerry got rid of Jimmy, let norv and dave go off elsewhere, and kept only campo lol.
Then they both took total control and even though things didnt go well , and got worse and worse, they both would not
relinquish that control. Hitler did it until he died, so I guess jerry is the same there too.

They both are/were narcissistic, like total control, dont like being asked hard questions , or anyone who disagrees with them.
They both are/were delusional, even to things that are obvious, and think at some point they will succeed in their quest.
They both wield total power and cant be removed. They both keep loyal lapdogs around , while getting rid of the smarter people.
They both got worse with age.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Does Mccarthy get zero credit for drafting Diggs, Lamb, Parsons, Osa?

Credit was given towards JG for this because it's how he built his "team". I see zero credit here going to MM and all of it going to Will - from yesterdays PC it can't be like that. MM definitely had a say in the Parson's pick and that can be seen with the war room footage and him explaining to Jerry that he will have a bigger impact than Slater.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Great to have a 40 million dollar QB an aging OL and the most expensive RB in the game and a lame duck HC. What franchise does this?
The Dallas JOnesboys do !!!!!!! :thumbup::muttley:
Signing elliot to that big contract was insane. made no sense at all.
With dak at least it made a little sense, but elliot, and jaylon extensions made no sense at all.
Now they get rid of cooper because they got mad at him lol, and only got a 5th round pick for him :rolleyes:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on how he defines success. No rings but the leader in coverage, ratings and revenue and he thinks without him at the helm, that does not happen.

CWR

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of his. Mostly bashed him the last couple years. But apparently has no more chance of success than his puppets preceding him.

I'm more the opposite. I made myself excited when I saw his "coaching round table" and "love for analytics."

Then I discovered how full of crap he was. Then I saw him confess to not involving himself in the offensive game plan during the playoffs.

Sure, maybe Jerry is to blame. However MM's lack of a backbone is his own damn fault. If he's letting Jerry play puppet master on a guaranteed contract then he's either an idiot or doesn't care. Take your pick right?

Think about the narrative and tell me why NONE of these coaches have come right out with it and resigned stating they couldn't win in Jerry's environment because they simply don't have the control necessary.

Is it the good old boys nature of the league and their fear of being blacklisted?

I believe Parcells left because the owner was too involved, but maybe it's wasn't to an extent beyond the league norm? Sounds crazy, but why didn't Parcells out him? Why do they all roll over and let him have his way?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he is not inserting himself in offensive game and curtails Moore to more time tested offensive philosophy and execution , he deserves this.
I don't think that was his call which is why he said what he did at that pc.

ESisback

Reaction score
McCarthy is castrated at this point. Thats what I see. I saw a defeated man yesterday just going thru the motions.

That APPEARS to be the case, but what if it’s not? McCarthy has to be aware of fan perception and what many are saying, and any guy worth anything at all would be angered by it. He’s been a coach a long time, and has a SB ring, tons of money, and NFL connections. Where’s the pride?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He lied during the interview process. He let Jerry push Moore on him. So to me, he dug the hole he's now laying in. He wanted to redeem his self for the firing in Green Bay, so he became their puppet.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well this is a wild comparison, but jerry is similar to hitler as a leader.
They both had early success, that went to their head, and made them think they were infallible, and then hitler got rid of his generals,that
he didnt get along with, and jerry got rid of Jimmy, let norv and dave go off elsewhere, and kept only campo lol.
Then they both took total control and even though things didnt go well , and got worse and worse, they both would not
relinquish that control. Hitler did it until he died, so I guess jerry is the same there too.

They both are/were narcissistic, like total control, dont like being asked hard questions , or anyone who disagrees with them.
They both are/were delusional, even to things that are obvious, and think at some point they will succeed in their quest.
They both wield total power and cant be removed. They both keep loyal lapdogs around , while getting rid of the smarter people.
They both got worse with age.
OUCH!!!!
That's gonna leave a mark !!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm more the opposite. I made myself excited when I saw his "coaching round table" and "love for analytics."

Then I discovered how full of crap he was. Then I saw him confess to not involving himself in the offensive game plan during the playoffs.

Sure, maybe Jerry is to blame. However MM's lack of a backbone is his own damn fault. If he's letting Jerry play puppet master on a guaranteed contract then he's either an idiot or doesn't care. Take your pick right?

Think about the narrative and tell me why NONE of these coaches have come right out with it and resigned stating they couldn't win in Jerry's environment because they simply don't have the control necessary.

Is it the good old boys nature of the league and their fear of being blacklisted?

I believe Parcells left because the owner was too involved, but maybe it's wasn't to an extent beyond the league norm? Sounds crazy, but why didn't Parcells out him? Why do they all roll over and let him have his way?
Yes, I believe it’s the nature of the league fearing being black listed .

At this point after all of these years I’m not sure how much it matters who our coaching is over time . We have seen some impact short term but over time it’s effected by our toxic culture and dysfunctional meddling from leadership. And why it usually doesn’t last long.

Garrett was only one who appeared willing to endure and a big part why I called him our greatest puppet . He seemed perfect for the sukarse job.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is because jerry didnt enjoy those years with jimmy, aside from winning SB's, he didnt like his role in it all.
Jerry likes having total control, and he didnt have that with jimmy.
Also jerry thinks it is about assembling a team, and discounts leadership, culture, atmosphere.
He thinks just get the talent, and any HC can win with that, and that the team doesnt really need a "LEADER" !
Jerry doesn't really care about control. jerry wants to get credit for everything and with Jimmy as you said, he didn't get credit. now he has control, gets all the attention that he craves. if Jimmy gave him all the credit, but Jimmy did what he did, he would have coached cowboys for another 10 years.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes, I believe it’s the nature of the league fearing being black listed .

At this point after all of these years I’m not sure how much it matters who our coaching is over time . We have seen some impact short term but over time it’s effected by our toxic culture and dysfunctional meddling from leadership. And why it usually doesn’t last long.

Garrett was only one who appeared willing to endure and a big part why I called him our greatest puppet . He seemed perfect for the sukarse job.

You're probably right, but I think the right guy could overcome management. It's going to take one hell of a coach and communicator. Someone who can illustrate why and how changes need to take place. It's possible, but a long shot.

There have been times we have come close to getting over the hump though. It's taken some real unfortunate circumstances to keep us held back. The Crayton sun in his eyes drop, Murray's fumble, Arod on third and a miracle and the Dez non-catch.

I still hope against hope that oblong ball will bounce our way some day.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
My take away from yesterdays news conference is him sandwiched in between our dysfunctional ownership . He actually looked smaller if that’s possible .

I had been somewhat targeting him since his arrival but I feel sorry for him now. I know many fans had hope he was going to be our savior but he has no chance over coming these fools . He’s become just another puppet. And probably always was since he stayed over at Jethro’s .

I can’t see him surviving another season barring something we haven’t seen this era which isn’t likely. And for his sake he deserves something better.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t totally grasp the crap show he was getting himself into. What a Shonda our Cowboys have become .
You lie down with dogs...you are bound to get fleas.

You lie on your resume/interview, you should get fired.

For McCarthy....Pick either one. He got what he deserved.

TheCritic

Reaction score
While no human being deserves the fate of being sandwiched between the Joneses, I don't really feel sorry for McFatty because he went out his way to put himself in this position. I can understand feeling sorry for a Dave Campo or a Jason Garrett who were marinated within the Jones Cult.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My take away from yesterdays news conference is him sandwiched in between our dysfunctional ownership . He actually looked smaller if that’s possible .

I had been somewhat targeting him since his arrival but I feel sorry for him now. I know many fans had hope he was going to be our savior but he has no chance over coming these fools . He’s become just another puppet. And probably always was since he stayed over at Jethro’s .

I can’t see him surviving another season barring something we haven’t seen this era which isn’t likely. And for his sake he deserves something better.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t totally grasp the crap show he was getting himself into. What a Shonda our Cowboys have become .

so is he now the best puppet you could ever hope for or is that still Garrett?

I agree he is screwed with these two fools but he has much more say then the hapless Garrett.