News: McCarthy: Diggs matches up well with Jefferson

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully this thread isn’t receiving a lot of activity after the game on Sunday.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
By Logan Mullen, Audacy

Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy explained in his weekly appearance on “Shan and RJ” why Diggs matches up well with Jefferson.

“I think it’s like anything, Trevon you could see last week there wasn’t one ball thrown his way,” McCarthy said. “I know Aaron (Rodgers) has great respect for him, and you’re seeing it more and more. People keep talking about him, his numbers are down but frankly they're up because people keep going away from him. That counts for something too from a value standpoint.

“But I think Trevon’s ability to go inside and outside (is important), because you have to be able to do that to play Justin -- because they play him all over the place. But I think they’re a good matchup because they both have length, are good athletes and have exceptional ball skills.”

Read more: https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/s...ains-why-diggs-is-a-good-matchup-vs-jefferson
well, if you have to pump them up and defend them, then you must be worried.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I need Diggs to force the run. Diggs, Bland n other outside are playing a factor in giving up rush yards. Dallas has soft CBs and it's biting them in the buttocks. Jefferson is gonna get his, but are they going to stop Cook, and this effort involves Diggs too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys are averaging 22 points a game were the Vikings 23. Not that that means anything. I think the team with the ball last wins
since daks return technically, we are averaging 33.. so theres that LOL what's happened is our defense has become an issue. If we need 32 PPG to win, we are back to our old cowboys way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Which is really disappointing.....
yup cant put it together in one game for any period of time. we either have great offense or defense, hardly ever both and the Sts are finally doing their job and what not.

IMHO the penalty's are the worst part of these losses. go to OT those penalties and non calls killed that game. whatever happened up to that point, we could throw away and look back, same in the 9er game those expecting Dak to overcome a mess like that is asinine. sorry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yup cant put it together in one game for any period of time. we either have great offense or defense, hardly ever both and the Sts are finally doing their job and what not.

IMHO the penalty's are the worst part of these losses. go to OT those penalties and non calls killed that game. whatever happened up to that point, we could throw away and look back, same in the 9er game those expecting Dak to overcome a mess like that is asinine. sorry
Yeah the penalties are kind of going unnoticed by people who call this team out after every game. I even almost forgot. The game is so much easier especially for a offense when you are moving the ball and don't have to worry about getting 3rd and 15's and crap like that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah the penalties are kind of going unnoticed by people who call this team out after every game. I even almost forgot. The game is so much easier especially for a offense when you are moving the ball and don't have to worry about getting 3rd and 15's and crap like that.

yup dont have clear memory of the 4th qtr and OT but im betting that last OT drive Dak had to move the ball 40yards for those 2 first downs LOL big pays called back and then that caused us to choose between a long FG in a damp cold windy situation, so we went for it on 4th and 4 to have our WR mugged in front of the world and NO CALL..

asking dak to have to go 20 yards for 1st down , fans are clueless, behind the chains is thing and hard to overcome, yet he did it twice on that drive. the pay call had Lamb WIDE open, hard to complete a pass with DB draped over your WR the entire play, looked lie assault charges coming, NO CALL!

Bad defense put us in that situation and refs sealed the game for the packers. yes its Dak :facepalm::popcorn::banghead:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's pleasant for me to recall that Diggs has contained Jefferson well in the past, although who knows what to expect from one game to the next? I'm just positively hoping that his good fortune against Jefferson continues. We'll be plenty busy trying to contain the Vikes, both in passing and running. I see this game as something of a tossup, as long as we play our cards right. Being in their territory is a factor, without a doubt.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
Great. Will he shadow him all gone? Probably not. Every other CB matches up terrible against him.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Probably does, but you just know they are going to scheme him wide open deep when someone else is on him.

Bingo. Rodgers , even with a hurt thumb, could still throw the deep ball, and is accurate enough to place it where his receiver is going after it, not like ours where they are often having to make a circus catch...

catiii

Reaction score
Jefferson pretty much shreds every secondary in the league.
Last week vs the Bills he was targeted 16 times and went for 193 yds.
He is already at 1060 yds on the season.
I watched the game hilights. He was scary supernatural!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cousins = at least one gift late deep middle throw. We're going to need a defensive TD to have a shot.

Cmac

Reaction score
I need Diggs to force the run. Diggs, Bland n other outside are playing a factor in giving up rush yards. Dallas has soft CBs and it's biting them in the buttocks. Jefferson is gonna get his, but are they going to stop Cook, and this effort involves Diggs too.
Back pedaling while tackling never works.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I watched the game hilights. He was scary supernatural!!
Supernatural is a good comparison, guy is like a football magnet, and seems to always bring the ball in despite the coverage.
Bills secondary is a stingy secondary, they were clearly frustrated.
Nobody in our secondary will curtail Cousins from going to Jefferson, but if he gets left out alone with Brown the results will be bad.