Twitter: McCarthy: Expecting Seahawks game to be extremely physical

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah more like not letting players score an easy TD on an INT return with 3 people trying to make a tackle!

blueblood70

Reaction score
In the midst of it all, hopefully we can get CeeDee rolling again after pedestrian games the past 2 weeks.
First of all last week had an ankle injury they're not pedestrian this is what happens when you draw a lot of coverage and attention and then other guys get involved and that's why Brandon cooks has got some more targets and a few more catches as well as some of the other guys this is what happens I've seen this happen to some of the best wide receivers in the history of football to go a couple games well they don't have much stats he still made key plays in those games this isn't about building up stats if he is that good where he's drawing double coverage a lot that is why you brought over Brandon cooks that's why you have other guys like Gallup and Ferguson that can catch the football you literally tell them go ahead and double team our best guy and we're still gonna beat you that's not pedestrian that just happens when you start getting doubled a lot... Also teams like Washington were playing that crazy deep 2 safety type force you to throw underneath most of the game..so those chunk plays are reduced until they break it open..

This is why cooks Turpin and Gallup have been putting up better numbers along with Ferguson is because the attention that all those 158 yard games created it's making them overcompensate to stop lamb and now they're going to pay for it on the other end... That is the secondary job of the primary wide receiver et cetera you're so good that they will do everything they can to stop you and by the way we've stopped jamar chase and Justin Jefferson much in the same way...

Don't get me wrong his stats are have been down but we're still winning so the word pedestrian is ridiculous he's doing what Micah Parsons does for the defense he gets held a lot he gets all the attention and it starts stacking the sack numbers up for the other guys on the team that's just how it is.....

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nice, niners AND ravens. Let's go!
:thumbup:

I agree, December football is here. If you want to advance you must be physical. Punches will be thrown, and if you can't get off the ropes and do some damage yourself you will be knocked out. It's time! Let's get ready to rumble!!
You know how it goes...put your dukes up.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
First of all last week had an ankle injury they're not pedestrian this is what happens when you draw a lot of coverage and attention and then other guys get involved and that's why Brandon cooks has got some more targets and a few more catches as well as some of the other guys this is what happens I've seen this happen to some of the best wide receivers in the history of football to go a couple games well they don't have much stats he still made key plays in those games this isn't about building up stats if he is that good where he's drawing double coverage a lot that is why you brought over Brandon cooks that's why you have other guys like Gallup and Ferguson that can catch the football you literally tell them go ahead and double team our best guy and we're still gonna beat you that's not pedestrian that just happens when you start getting doubled a lot... Also teams like Washington were playing that crazy deep 2 safety type force you to throw underneath most of the game..so those chunk plays are reduced until they break it open..

This is why cooks Turpin and Gallup have been putting up better numbers along with Ferguson is because the attention that all those 158 yard games created it's making them overcompensate to stop lamb and now they're going to pay for it on the other end... That is the secondary job of the primary wide receiver et cetera you're so good that they will do everything they can to stop you and by the way we've stopped jamar chase and Justin Jefferson much in the same way...

Don't get me wrong his stats are have been down but we're still winning so the word pedestrian is ridiculous he's doing what Micah Parsons does for the defense he gets held a lot he gets all the attention and it starts stacking the sack numbers up for the other guys on the team that's just how it is.....
Exactly!
Some fans know nothing about winning football games. Thanks for educating some of them.

EJK24

Reaction score
I'm happy with the way we've played as of late but I'm hopeful we can be more physical up front and get the run game going. With December here, it would be huge to be able to rely on the run game more, especially in tough weather on the road. Looking forward to the tougher schedule ahead to see where we stand.