Twitter: McCarthy: Good chance Prescott won't play in preseason

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That’s what I was wondering as well. Jerry needs to let go. Take his lumps and jettison this guy. His blasé attitude is something I don’t want in the same locker room as Parsons
Yeah, we don't need Micah celebrating a tackle after an 8 yard run up the middle.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You should expect more out of your heros, Rocky. That's all I'm saying.

Really, Dak needs to see a defense that is coming after him, even if he just hands off to the feed me guy, and if 3rd and 6, let him throw a completion or a Int. But, he needs to see live, not love, action coming after him because right now he knows his defense is not going to lay the wood on him if they get the chance! There is no red jersey come battle time, and that is what football is.

I wish they would play him for at least two series, he is going to need to see that stuff before the 1st game starts, he really should, but...I'm not in charge, otherwise I would call him into my office and tell him, get ready champ, coach says your not playing any preseason? Get your cleats shined because you are playing whether you like it or not. Oh, and on your way out tell MM what I just told you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Really, Dak needs to see a defense that is coming after him, even if he just hands off to the feed me guy, and if 3rd and 6, let him throw a completion or a Int. But, he needs to see live, not love, action coming after him because right now he knows his defense is not going to lay the wood on him if they get the chance! There is no red jersey come battle time, and that is what football is.

I wish they would play him for at least two series, he is going to need to see that stuff before the 1st game starts, he really should, but...I'm not in charge, otherwise I would call him into my office and tell him, get ready champ, coach says your not playing any preseason? Get your cleats shined because you are playing whether you like it or not. Oh, and on your way out tell MM what I just told you.

Disagree. You would just like to watch him do something so YOU could feel better about it. Dak being 100% healthy for Game #1 is what is most important. Even if we lose the first game because of rust. Not a big deal.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

I agree 100%.

He needs to see a defense coming at him just to get his mental right after that injury. You hear guys all the time that are coming off injuries say that wasn't fully back until they got that first hit out of the way. Dak needs that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Disagree. You would just like to watch him do something so YOU could feel better about it. Dak being 100% healthy for Game #1 is what is most important. Even if we lose the first game because of rust. Not a big deal.
"Not a big deal" if we loss that first game out of rust?

Stop pretending to be Cowboys fan, please.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree. We should just flip a switch week 1 and expect everyone to be in midseason form.

Like the playoffs in the 2016 season.

Its a long season. Most of these veterans arent going to forget how to play football. Its not like they wont be practicing.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Good he shouldnt play. None of our veterans should play.

I think the starters on both sides should go play an entire 1st qtr and beat that hell out the other team! Show the world the Cowboys are coming to life. The league would call the Cowboys nasty for doing that, but they would notice the Cowboys are coming to kick azz and take names. No more prima donna crap...and we have those on the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the starters on both sides should go play an entire 1st qtr and beat that hell out the other team! Show the world the Cowboys are coming to life. The league would call the Cowboys nasty for doing that, but they would notice the Cowboys are coming to kick azz and take names. No more prima donna crap...and we have those on the team.

LOL........why so you can puff your chest? Its not with it if we lose one guy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
LOL........why so you can puff your chest? Its not with it if we lose one guy.

Not me puffing my chest, I want the NFL to see the Boyz are coming back to TX. Who is the one guy you speak of? Cause we are going to lose lots of guys coming up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not me puffing my chest, I want the NFL to see the Boyz are coming back to TX. Who is the one guy you speak of?

Well we just lost our up and coming starting 1T in Gallimore for 6 weeks.

Teams dont care how the Cowboys look in preseason.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well we just lost our up and coming starting 1T in Gallimore for 6 weeks.

Teams dont care how the Cowboys look in preseason.

My post was just for the moral of the team. I play guitar now days, I practice at least 4-6 hours a day, but when I go out and perform...I'm all mess up a lot because of where I go to play, not just practice or record in the studio. Just an analogy...they need to play. But, again, I'm not in charge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My post was just for the moral of the team. I play guitar now days, I practice at least 4-6 hours a day, but when I go out and perform...I'm all mess up a lot because of where I go to play, not just practice or record in the studio. Just an analogy...

Depends how they look on practice and if they need the confidence. This isnt a young offense. I dont see the value compared to cost.

I would be perfectly happy if preseason ended this weekend and we started the regular season.