McCarthy hiring indeed distances Jerry from team, future blame

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Marinelli was a dinosaur when he arrived here and is now a fossil. All he did was supplant Kiffin. A pre-history plant form when he arrived. But he has stripes too, correct? 0-wins as HC for both. Kiffin was never a HC. Rod's '08 Lions are legendary alright.

Does Ron Ryan have stripes? I guess a few.

And there were zero expectations of Garrett and those staffs. Jones selected them for him with his sign off. "Can you baby sit Jason?". Then they were tweaked and tinkered with different sub coaches.

Linehan was OK here all in all. Not sure how decorated he was prior. Good coordinator creds, not special OR game changing. The guy was canned after 1 season as HC as well.

My point is that this staff was summoned by McCarthy and did not hesitate to change scenery. They see an opportunity for big, instant success. They must.

"not sure how decorated he was prior"

Hey maybe study up.

Grevus

Reaction score
As long as Jerry isn't telling the coaches what to do and let them make decisions, I really don't care about anything else. Jerry can have all the press conferences he wants. Just leave the coaching and planning to coaches.

khiladi

Reaction score
In fact today during the press conference he said he should have gotten a lot of the blame for things that Garrett got blamed for.

Jerry did that protect Garrett. He also said he told Jason he was going to talk to McCarthy and then went on about how classy Jason’s response was. He also said it’s hard for him, because he’s written checks to the Garrett family for all but two years in the football business.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
As long as Jerry isn't telling the coaches what to do and let them make decisions, I really don't care about anything else. Jerry can have all the press conferences he wants. Just leave the coaching and planning to coaches.
Dont tell people that. What happens on the field doesnt lose games, Jerrys interviews is what loses games for this team lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'd still be pals with someone that paid me 25M over 4 years for coaching .500 football and delivering zero playoff victories. If that man calls I pick up the phone. And people wonder why the Gingerbread man hung around the place like sweated garlic for 10 years.

Again I tend to believe those who are there not a message board poster with his own personal agenda who has no clue as too any working relationships in the organization. For a fan to say they know how things are done if full of ****, none of us know and when someone like BP says something different than the fan negative comment all of a sudden he is lying? give me a break.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Again I tend to believe those who are there not a message board poster with his own personal agenda who has no clue as too any working relationships in the organization. For a fan to say they know how things are done if full of ****, none of us know and when someone like BP says something different than the fan negative comment all of a sudden he is lying? give me a break.

I don't think anyone is saying BP's lying. I'm saying many Cowboys fans think his performance here was "ok"- not great. I am one of those.

I don't think he was ever "all in". I can list reasons/evidence as tp why, but that's for another post.

The point is anyone that gets treated well by an employer while being overcompensated commensurate to actual results would probably hope for the best for them in the future from guilt if they left on their own accord.

Parcells quit this team when it needed him most.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No excuses. MM is atleast putting guys in place that he wants. That's a plus.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying BP's lying. I'm saying many Cowboys fans think his performance here was "ok"- not great. I am one of those.

I don't think he was ever "all in". I can list reasons/evidence as tp why, but that's for another post.

The point is anyone that gets treated well by an employer while being overcompensated commensurate to actual results would probably hope for the best for them in the future from guilt if they left on their own accord.

Parcells quit this team when it needed him most.

I don't disagree completely with your assessment on how Parcells did in Dallas. I don't think it was a failure but I also do not think the same passion and desire was there. Having said that it does not change my comments in the thread. I think a HC can work with Jerry but I also think you better have a strong personality and willing to challenge things.

birdwells1

Reaction score
We’ll see, but very promising, so far.

BTW, Jerry never cared about being blamed, he just wanted to play football guy.
He never cared about being blamed because it brought no repercussions, he wasnt going to lose his job. That's why I never bought the "put it all on me" schtick because if a gm that was getting paid had a bad season and said put it on me he'd be fired.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Jerry will always be involved. He said in the presser, decisions made at the Cowboys are "WE" decisions. He will be just as active as he has always been. SSDD. Hopefully Mike can handle him better than the clown Garrett.
With the exception of BB in New England, every HC in the NFL makes "we" decisions. Some have a little more clout than others, but they all are just a voice amongst the masses. MM is getting to name his staff without interference, so that's a good start.