McCarthy: I know how to win. We will get over that threshold

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy: “We have an unbelievable fan base. They should be disappointed. …We have established a championship program. It’s just not a world championship yet. …I know how to win. We will get over that threshold. I have total confidence, and that’s why I am standing here today.”

Last edited:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
No, you don't. You don't "play the way you got there" and treat it like a preseason game. He won because he had a QB who went off script:
https://www.businessinsider.com/aaron-rodgers-ignored-mike-mccarthy-calls-packers-2019-1
Packers tight end Marcedes Lewis said on Yahoo Sports and Complex's "Mostly Football" that he first became aware that Rodgers and McCarthy were not on the same page during a huddle early in the season.

According to Lewis, Rodgers received the play call through the headset, but chose to run his own play.

"I guess McCarthy called in the play, and Aaron kinda was like, 'Nah,'" Lewis said.

"He was like, 'Davante [Adams], give me this. 'Cedes, come off the ball, give me this.' Gave a direction and protection to the line, and went. It was four-minute offense, and he threw a 40-yard bomb for a completion. I'm like, 'What's really going on?' I had never seen nothing like that before in my life."

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'm fine with McCarthy coming back but he needs real talent at one specific major position to take this team where he wants to take it.

mardwin

Reaction score
To me, it makes perfect sense to bring MM back. If we are not moving on from Dak this year, there's no need to bring a new HC and put handcuffs on him. Dak had his best season this year under MM, so there's logic behind his return. The team making personnel decisions (McCray, Stephen) will need to get their act together this offseason and bring meaningful talent to help the football team next year. This year's draft was a bust all around, there was no free-agent acquisition besides the Cooks trade. The team still needs a #1 running back maybe moving on from Pollard and signing a bruiser like Derrick Henry might help. We point a lot of fingers at the coaches and players, but the defensive talent wasn't there.

RonWashington

Reaction score
What’s telling is on back to back seasons home and away against 2 different QB’s he’s lost to GB . He’s mastered the intricacies of the NFCE one of the worst divisions in football I see no evidence of success out of that comfort zone .

roy31

Reaction score
Did I just hear him say they have built a championship organization just not a world championship organization ???‍♂️

Jipper

Reaction score
im calling bs - last 3 years of playoffs say you dont.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You would have been better served if you benched Dak after that first series and he had that lost look on his face.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, when you put it that way, how foolish of me to think that nothing will change.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Did I just hear him say they have built a championship organization just not a world championship organization ???‍♂️
To be devils advocate. He’s trying to say they’ve built a program that has the pieces and potential to win and progress towards a ring. But they just haven’t actually won yet.

HanD

Reaction score
did he admit to being out coached on both sides of the ball? and that his qb sucked but until the game was out of hand?

texan0

Reaction score
Why's he have zero championships after something like 17 years of coaching if he knows how to win championships?

Nobody really doubts that McCarthy is an above average coach who will consistently make the playoffs. It's just that everybody knows he'll never take the team to the next level.