McCarthy: I love our roster

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The geniuses who are complaining about no trades wanted to trade our 2nd round pick for Bears CB Johnson and our 3rd round pick for Titans RB Henry. Both Johnson and Henry are free agents in March.

These geniuses wanted to give up a 2024 2nd and 3rd round pick to swap Henry for RB Vaughn and Johnson for CB Scott. Those are prime picks which teams need to hit and develop.

Neither Henry or Johnson would pick up the system for about 4 weeks. Henry would split carries with Pollard and get about 10 per game. Johnson would have split time with Gilmore/Bland/Lewis.

Thankfully, saner minds prevailed.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’m good with this. Take Bell for example. Would we have been better off trading for some journeyman LB just cause he has “experience”?

darealvelle

Reaction score
You got no choice but to love your roster. Jerry told you he not getting no more players for you because we are the cap boys.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am a little surprised we have not gotten any media leaks about how Dallas tried to go this guy or that guy but couldn't agree on a fair price.

I am certain the Cowboys could use another quality player somewhere on their roster. But I am fine with not pulling the trigger if it meant overpaying. The Cowboys are in a different position than other teams like SF. The Cowboys do not have a ton of CAP room to trade for a player they can resign next year. They have to worry about signing Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. Maybe they would be better going out and getting Suh or someone like that just to beef up their DL. I am pretty sure Suh is still better than Gallimore or Chauncy Golston.

Rayman70

Reaction score
whats he supposed to say?All thats missing is a Marching band.

Jipper

Reaction score
well if they beat the eagles sunday then i think this will have some more credibility - if we lose anything worse than a 3 point game hes going to get laughed at.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He probably does like the roster, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think it could be better. There just isn't any reason to say that if there are no changes coming. What would be the point? All he can do now is try and build up what he has.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Once again Jerry was pulling the strings of puppet McCarthy with I love our guys. Too bad the NFL can’t take away this toy “the Cowboys” away from the Jones’s.