McCarthy is still McCarthy

dware94

Reaction score
The awful clock management at the end of the first half is still something he is clueless on and 3rd and 1 pass to Luepke that caused a holding?! Those are the simple things that can change a game. He had the opportunity to make this a two score game and he bungled both of those situations.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
At this point, he's basically Bernie Madoff.

And not 1980s Madoff where no one knew anything, this is like the end when it's obvious to everyone (except Jerry).

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The fg there at the end was awful. Explain that to me…. I know Aubrey is great but it made 0 sense to kick that there. Punt it… waste some more clock on the punt and the giants at best have it at their own 20 with like 20 second left:
Pretty simple, go up by eight guaranteeing overtime at worst. What if they ran the punt back?

lukemartin79

Reaction score
The awful clock management at the end of the first half is still something he is clueless on and 3rd and 1 pass to Luepke that caused a holding?! Those are the simple things that can change a game. He had the opportunity to make this a two score game and he bungled both of those situations.
The terrible clock management has been the most surprising thing about MM. I expected more from a Super Bowl winning head coach. I know he has won many games these last few years, but it is still unbelievable how lost he is at that aspect. I guess when you have an elite QB like Rodgers that covers up a lot.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Pretty simple, go up by eight guaranteeing overtime at worst. What if they ran the punt back?

Punt it as far as you can, they take the ball at the 20. They have 20 seconds, no nabors and no timeouts. As opposed to kicking a 51 yarder outdoors. And setting them up midfield. As good as Aubrey is a 50 plus yarder isn't a guarantee.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Punt it as far as you can, they take the ball at the 20. They have 20 seconds, no nabors and no timeouts. As opposed to kicking a 51 yarder outdoors. And setting them up midfield. As good as Aubrey is a 50 plus yarder isn't a guarantee.
Sorry, but every team in the NFL tries to get up by eight there. A 50 yarder is nothing considering past history.

Mark

Reaction score
Well, it IS a "guarantee" - unless it's to beat the point spread in the last couple of minutes of regulation. ;-)

CWR

Reaction score
The fg there at the end was awful. Explain that to me…. I know Aubrey is great but it made 0 sense to kick that there. Punt it… waste some more clock on the punt and the giants at best have it at their own 20 with like 20 second left:
I like 8 points and 30 seconds better than 5 and 20. He just missed. It was bad luck.

triplets_93

Reaction score
We need a no-nonsense Tom Landry to coach this team.

Jerry has convinced McCarthy to be a "Fatherly" Coach.

To be Dak's best buddy.

What a weird and perverted thing Jerry has about how an NFL team is supposed to be coached and run.

Fire the GM !!!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The playcalling is terrible. Is there any plays over 10 yards in the playbook? Is the Dallas TE taught to always catch it short of the first down line? Can they establish at least one RB and let him get some consistency?