McCarthy is still McCarthy

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
This performance was gross and unrealistic to think repeating this performance will be enough to do anything real this season

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fg there at the end was awful. Explain that to me…. I know Aubrey is great but it made 0 sense to kick that there. Punt it… waste some more clock on the punt and the giants at best have it at their own 20 with like 20 second left:
The FG still takes time off the clock. Not as much as the punt, but only a few seconds difference, not 10 seconds, unless they attempt a run back. Then what if he breaks it for a TD.
Also if the punt goes into the end zone, the net yards is not that much of a difference.

Pretty simple, go up by eight guaranteeing overtime at worst. What if they ran the punt back?
Agree. All teams I believe would go for the FG if they trust their K.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
To me McCarthy has no feel for how the game is going. They were busting the Giants up the middle for 5 yards a carry and he kept running jet sweeps that lost 2 yards, throws a pass to the FB on 3rd and 1. How many stop routes at the sticks are they going to throw to Cooks before they realize the corners are sitting on those routes and it is not working?

They also stopped using pre-snap motion and it seems like almost every reception is to a guy who is stopped so there is no YAC. The Lamb TD is the only catch I can think of where the receiver didn't have his back to the defense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

But on his own merit, McCarthy is not a quality head coach. He does not do anything in his role that makes this team better.
Which would explain how he's become one of the more successful head coaches of his era.

Stick with the Pac 12.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
CeeDee jet sweeps need to be swept away…see what I did there? It’s Friday

slick325

Reaction score
I did have an issue with how the final FG attempt was handled. I think the process was rushed and that caused the miss by Automatic Aubrey.

Hate to 2nd guess a SB winning, highly successful winning coach, but I feel that they should have run the play clock down to 1 second then call timeout. I believe coming out of the timeout Aubrey his the FG to put the team up by 8pts with 30 seconds to play. Game over. The rushed process and setup was the cause of the miss, IMO.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
LOL. Some funny takes in here.

McCarthy's outdated scheme led the NFL in offense last season. The offensive roster he's been handed this season is .. really bad.

Both rookies on the line need a year in an NFL weight room, anyone with a half decent speed rush goes by Steele and Martin may be at the end.

Guyton despite the focus on him wasn't too bad last night but as Herbstreit mentioned they constantly had to have Smith help Beebe and that left Guyton by himself.

They can't draw up safeties because they can't run the ball, linebackers get free drops because they can't run the ball and the line can't hold up.

What kind of offense would you like to see him run? :)