McCarthy lost this game

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't see how McCarthy lost this game? Mostly sensible decisions today.

Game was ultimately lost on penalties, Greg the Leg, and a handful of poor throws.
59 yard FG?

Pulling the point off because you moved a yard closer only to call a trick play?? Again??

And that's why they didnt steal a game they got beat in.

Thats why he cost them the game...

And if you'd like to start to get into the inability to get the team ready I'm up for the argument.

Gaede

Reaction score
Total loss today. Bad coaching. Bad QB play. Bad defense. Bad refs.

Nothing went our way. When that happens, your coaches should at least have their heads on their shoulders. What did Mike do to help us today?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Horse-malarky!

None of the coaches were throwing bad passes or dropping bad passes or missing tackles.

BigMac gave them a chance to take control of the game if they wanted it. They failed.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He also wasn't out there throwing to 2nd and 3rd rate receivers for nearly 400 passing yards. Oops. 200 yards in the 4th quarter.....

Carr was but that's no excuse for missing wide open guys.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't see how McCarthy lost this game? Mostly sensible decisions today.

Game was ultimately lost on penalties, Greg the Leg, and a handful of poor throws.
So the defense gave up 36 and played okay today?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I guess this is another Moore for HC since he isnt getting any blame.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
59 yard FG?

Pulling the point off because you moved a yard closer only to call a trick play?? Again??

And that's why they didnt steal a game they got beat in.

Thats why he cost them the game...

And if you'd like to start to get into the inability to get the team ready I'm up for the argument.

I didn't love the field goal call, but understand the decision. For the record, the next Raiders possession didn't yield points, so technically that decision didn't end up impacting the game. For the failed 2 pt conversion that was a makeup from the failed extra point by the leg. Had he just taken the extra point they probably wouldn't have gone for 2 later in the game. If we do some basic math 1+1= 2 for 2 successful extra points and 1 failed 2 pt conversion + a successful 2 pt conversion = 2. So again those decisions didn't impact the outcome. You can blame Greg the Leg instead who lost 4 potential points.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
So the defense gave up 36 and played okay today?

The defensive penalties were most critical in extending drives so yes defense played a big factor here. Thought I was including them in the penalties.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I didn't love the field goal call, but understand the decision. For the record, the next Raiders possession didn't yield points, so technically that decision didn't end up impacting the game. For the failed 2 pt conversion that was a makeup from the failed extra point by the leg. Had he just taken the extra point they probably wouldn't have gone for 2 later in the game. If we do some basic math 1+1= 2 for 2 successful extra points and 1 failed 2 pt conversion + a successful 2 pt conversion = 2. So again those decisions didn't impact the outcome. You can blame Greg the Leg instead who lost 4 potential points.
Sometimes things don't work out. I get that.

But I'm done with thinking this team is good enough on the field to overcome the two morons that run the whole thing and ALSO the guy they will let stand on the sidelines.

Games are too close for that.

Then the QB is exposed as well....and everything the people against him have been saying is confirmed as well.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
If this showed us anything. You can't win with Mike M as head coach.

endersdragon

Reaction score
With yet AGAIN thinking the game situation changes by being a yard closer on the XP.

Among other things to come...
That didn't matter, we don't go for 2 there we don't go for 2 later... It would have been 33-33 either way

JBond

Reaction score
Big Mac Eating. No coaching. IDIOT of a coach loses it ! HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Missing an extra point early hurt. Went for two next time to make up for it. I would have done the same thing if my kicker continues to misfire.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you saying?

Your analytic crap says go for the two there?

There WAS no overtime if he left the point on the board. Wasn't the first time either.
Again, what are you talking about? If they kick the XP the first time, they don’t go for two the second time and the result is the same, a tie game. It literally had no effect on the outcome.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Again, what are you talking about? If they kick the XP the first time, they don’t go for two the second time and the result is the same, a tie game.
They only want to take a chance when it works... Not when it doesn't. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.