Reaction score
Still funny that we think the Defense was a hot mess last year when they were

9th in yards allowed
12th in passing
11th against the run

This Defense is on track to finish last in every category

lol.

agree.

what happened to all the KRichard haters?

some #LegionOfBoom would be nice right now.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is why I wanted a coach with roots on both sides of the ball and special teams. Urban Meyer. But he had too much of whatever for jerry.

Oh well. Another 20 years of ****

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Ok..what was the problem last year and the year before that? They were playing a very simple defense and still couldn't stop anyone when needed...this goes deeper than just coaching imo.

The problems start with up front and they have different players up front this season. This is also where much of the making the players fit the scheme instead of matching the scheme to the players. This season the secondary is not as good so it's vital that the front 4 put on as much pressure as possible yet again this convoluted scheme of Nolan seems to be hindering that pass rush.

75boyz

Reaction score
Still funny that we think the Defense was a hot mess last year when they were

9th in yards allowed
12th in passing
11th against the run

This Defense is on track to finish last in every category

This is where I'm at. And every single player has regressed overnight. Makes perfect sense.
So they weren't the '85 Bears to begin with but they also didn't turn into the Bad News Bears overnight.
Get some competent coaching and they will return to getting a stop occasionally and a pass defensed or sack or two after every few previous third down failures. They will look like the average bunch that they are. And more importantly, not the absolute laughing stock of the league.
Improved coaching is a must.

Go Cowboys

Bigtex67

Reaction score
And everyone will be angry and grousing about everything the whole way.

LOL! Like that will not happen either way!

Would you rather continue to follow the path we are on, which will have us continually in mediocre land (at best) or try to start fresh?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course he's staying....but just for the heck of it, get the check book ready for when Dan Quinn gets wacked in ATL, and plug him into DC asap.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
LOL! Like that will not happen either way!

Would you rather continue to follow the path we are on, which will have us continually in mediocre land (at best) or try to start fresh?
I don't really care all that much. This team will do what it does and I will be around, watching it. And you all.
It works for me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
one MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MM AND COACHES LIKE PETE CARROL IS THIS. Their loyalty ends when the losing begins. When Kris Richard was in Seattle Pete made a change. He didn't wait for the wheels to come off.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Of course he's staying....but just for the heck of it, get the check book ready for when Dan Quinn gets wacked in ATL, and plug him into DC asap.
Do we REALLY want Quinn? His defenses in ATL dont exactly inspire.

lostar2009

Reaction score
There better be some scheme changes then
If we are stuck with this guy, at the very least run a basic defense the players know how to play. Just give us a chance at competing.

This is pretty much the same team from last year minus a few players. The players already spoke about the complexity of the D. But what i see is confusion and lack of effort. A lot of shoulder thumping to tackle, lack of awareness of assignment. But let's also talk about the bull ST is doing and the over aggressiveness on 4th down. It's not just the D it's the whole team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn got the same benefit that Richard got, Carroll. They got credit for the Legion of Boom and that was all Carroll, he hand picked those players and that was his defense and it was mostly dependent on talent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
QUINN is likely an upgrade over Nolan. Not hard to do I guess...lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
umm and? we all knew this wasn't happening , of course more adjustments and changes will be discussed and try too implement.. people are sniffing glue f you think the DC after 4 games was going to be fired...

there are other ways to take power and decsions from him behind the scenes...

they owe us nothing because fans dont get to make emotional decsions for an NFL team full of professional football coaches..

ITS BEEN FOUR GAMES!!!!!!! WE NEARLY Didnt HAVE FOOTBALL, NO PRESEASON, PRESEASON GAMES LIMITED TO NO CPNTATC AT ALL SO A FAKE TC ETC ETC ETC

IT SUCKS TO BE 1-3 NO DOUBT ITS KICK IN THE NARDS BUT THIS STAFF HAS THE RIGHT TO TRY AND GET IT FIXED OVER TIME..

ADD INJURIES and nearly 70% of the defensive players are new All added TO THE MIX ETC

calm the flip down already!

I agree it's waay too early to throw in the towel but I think what most fans expected some warts here and there but not the level we've seen from the D so far. This D is crashing at an alarming rate what's frustrating for most fans we see no signs of how/when the bleeding will stop.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree it's waay too early to throw in the towel but I think what most fans expected some warts here and there but not the level we've seen from the D so far. This D is crashing at an alarming rate what's frustrating for most fans we see no signs of how/when the bleeding will stop.
true its kick in the nards for sure but its happening time to see if MM and the new staff ios better then the old getting things turned around..If garret can turn around a 3-5 team well i have faith.