Twitter: McCarthy: Not so fast on Steele starting Sunday

BermyStar

Reaction score
wasnt chads FAULT HIS COACHES LEFT HIM IN , WAS IT..

that all that matters if players is struggling like that the 3 coaches ie MM, KM and the OL coach must have quick hook.my guess is tyn and steele wil have some time and if they cant handle it quick hook slide over martin and move in Mcgovern..im in agreement you leave Martin between TB and the RT to help them both..

the adjustment will be made at halftime should the swing tackles struggle horribly but they should get shot to do their jobs..our TEs need to block better so they can offer some help on that side..
Not sure why I deserved the all caps...I answered a question. I agree that was on coaching...but that wasn't I was addressing...thanks for your misplaced aggression

edit... Nevermind. I just realized you are arguing for the sake of arguing. MM wasn't on the Cowboys' staff at the time, so you clearly have no clue what's going on.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
And he even said after half time that they were going to get him help. To me after that game it changed the way Dak played for a while and at one point he admitted it quickened the internal clock in his head. We played them again the next year and had to get the fear out of him. That seemed to help. Maybe just me thinking that.

I had a very real fear that game would ruin Dak Prescott.. The fact that he came out the other side of that was the first sign to me that this was a different kinda cat.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I had a very real fear that game would ruin Dak Prescott.. The fact that he came out the other side of that was the first sign to me that this was a different kinda cat.
Why can't Martin play right tackle ?
He did so last year with good results.
Am I missing something ?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I keep trying to tell y'all....you guys keep giving guys like McCarthy and Garrett the bail out because "Jerry meddles"....Jerry is speaking out of his *** more times than not in these interviews....It was far too early in the week to just assume Steele would start.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Dude who filled in for Martin last game did a good job, right ?
Just keep him there.

take it for what it is worth. Broaddus just said that he believes they won't move martin because they are worried about the center.

Also martin said today he is the right guard and is going to play right guard.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. Please don’t let Steele be another chaz.
Interesting thing about that.....

Teams still keep hiring Chaz Green and I've yet to see him look as bad as he did in Atlanta that day.
Steele started 14 games and didn't look that bad all season and that's with it being his rookie year. But its also worth noting.....Chaz saw Adrian Clayburn.....Steele is about to see.....Joey Bosa....yikes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
take it for what it is worth. Broaddus just said that he believes they won't move martin because they are worried about the center.

Its probably the right decision especially if they favor Zeke running behind Martin as opposed to McGovern.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Interesting thing about that.....

Teams still keep hiring Chaz Green and I've yet to see him look as bad as he did in Atlanta that day.
Steele started 14 games and didn't look that bad all season and that's with it being his rookie year. But its also worth noting.....Chaz saw Adrian Clayburn.....Steele is about to see.....Joey Bosa....yikes.
Let’s hope he is up for it. All day.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Why can't Martin play right tackle ?
He did so last year with good results.
Am I missing something ?

He was pretty good in the two games he started at tackle.. but he did get hurt doing it.. I think that has something to do with the hesitation. Zack is built like a guard.. not a tackle.. I think he can play tackle but it places demands on different muscles than does playing guard. My worry is losing him for an extended period because he gets another bum wheel out of having to play more in space. I won't claim to know any inside information about if he is balking at the move or if the coaching staff is trying not to put him in harm's way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure why I deserved the all caps...I answered a question. I agree that was on coaching...but that wasn't I was addressing...thanks for your misplaced aggression

edit... Nevermind. I just realized you are arguing for the sake of arguing. MM wasn't on the Cowboys' staff at the time, so you clearly have no clue what's going on.

actually thats my point MM and his staff will use Steele and TYN but wont allow what happened with chad to happen like it did..but good try wasnt aggressive was called emphasizing my point..but thanks for being so overly sensitive , might wans to check your estrogen levels , this isnt a coupon clipping site, ok Nancy..loll:laugh:
4581556.jpg

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Thanks

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He was pretty good in the two games he started at tackle.. but he did get hurt doing it.. I think that has something to do with the hesitation. Zack is built like a guard.. not a tackle.. I think he can play tackle but it places demands on different muscles than does playing guard. My worry is losing him for an extended period because he gets another bum wheel out of having to play more in space. I won't claim to know any inside information about if he is balking at the move or if the coaching staff is trying not to put him in harm's way.
Thanks

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
blah, blah, until the fat man drops his balls and tells Skeletor that I'm in charge and the best player plays, this means nothing.
super bowl..