McCarthy offers no value as HC

Jkyle

Reaction score
There is no reason to keep MM as head coach.
He doesn't offer anything of value currently.
He doesn't call plays, he doesn't seem to help his OC when he was obviously struggling. If he was any kind of HC who was supposedly an offensive minded coach, he would've done more to help him out.
Having a HC that's just a manager is not good because he will always rely on his Coordinators and if/when they have any success and get other jobs, he has to constantly refill those positions and have the O or D learn from a new coach.
His clock management is sub par especially for a HC who delegates all other responsibilities and you would think that having that system would make him better to handle clock management since that's all he really has to focus on when that time comes.
The Fanbase is so disenchanted with him, retaining him can lead to more apathy from the fanbase.
For this team to tank like they did without the staff being able to adjust and correct the mistakes should be his death knell.

Big_D

Reaction score
his value is if cowboys won the super bowl (lol) no one would take credit away from jerry to give to mccarthy like they did with jimmy

So wouldn’t this mean it’s the GM who doesn’t have value?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He doesn't call plays, he doesn't seem to help his OC when he was obviously struggling. If he was any kind of HC who was supposedly an offensive minded coach, he would've done more to help him out.
Having a HC that's just a manager is not good because he will always rely on his Coordinators and if/when they have any success and get other jobs, he has to constantly refill those positions and have the O or D learn from a new coach.
His clock management is sub par especially for a HC who delegates all other responsibilities and you would think that having that system would make him better to handle clock management since that's all he really has to focus on when that time comes.
The Fanbase is so disenchanted with him, retaining him can lead to more apathy from the fanbase.
For this team to tank like they did without the staff being able to adjust and correct the mistakes should be his death knell.

I like what he does in the offseason so far. Not liking what he does during the season so far.

JBond

Reaction score
I am not saying I am a big fan, but to the OP and others that claim he does nothing, how do you know this? It is claimed as fact by some, but I am curious about how you reached your conclusion. Inside sources? Mediots? Just curious.

morat1959

Reaction score
Kinda like Dak at QB.

Aven8

Reaction score
I just said in the Payton thread that it’s time to see his offense and call his plays. If he won’t? I’m fine with him leaving.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

He can probably tell the players the best buffets to eat at while on road trips.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Ya, but have you seen him eat a cheeseburger?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
i dont like mm either but you are what your record says you are,right. I know there are acceptions.
Mm just doesn’t inspire confidence when his giving a presser i want to fire up the grill and have some pork ribs.