McCarthy on Dak "I think he's a remarkable young man"

ShortRound

Reaction score

viko8s8.jpg

Darkhound

Reaction score
Once again.. he may (and quite possibly is) a tremendous, leader, a great guy, and an overall super super qualified person. But why can most of you WHO adore him cannot respect those of US.. who think that his QB talent is just AVERAGE?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Once again.. he may (and quite possibly is) a tremendous, leader, a great guy, and an overall super super qualified person. But why can most of you WHO adore him cannot respect those of US.. who think that his QB talent is just AVERAGE?
Because there is nothing to suggest his talent is "average" lol. Usually the people who share that opinion of him are either "trolls", misinformed, dislike him or lack football IQ so its tough to even respect someone of those qualities.

Darkhound

Reaction score
All good things except he says nothing about his QB attributes?
Strange......

Exactly my point.. but guess we are trolls, and misinformed.
I respect everyone that thinks DAK is Elite. Why cant they respect us who think he is just AVERAGE?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as you can realize there are many points of view about his QB skills and even some of us that haven't decided just where he is yet.

It is all just opinion and open to debate but I do respect your opinion about what you think about him. I am just undecided at this point. I believed, like Aikman, that you can't fix accuracy at this level but then I see him improve and wonder how far can he go? Add to that, Aikman is in his camp even after making that statement.

We do not question the rule until we see the exception. Is he that? I don't know but he's not that QB I saw at Miss St or his first 2 seasons in Dallas. Of all the QB's in the NFL, and it's not just because he plays for my team, he intrigues me the most. His story is unlike most others to start that off and it just keeps unfolding and he's an easy guy to root for.

Brax

Reaction score
Because there is nothing to suggest his talent is "average" lol. Usually the people who share that opinion of him are either "trolls", misinformed, dislike him or lack football IQ so its tough to even respect someone of those qualities.
Or you and yours are, .....Why the names so sad.Your warped view is what is wrong in a major way in today's world, only one view counts, yours so pathetic.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m usually a Dak supporter for his play on the field. I welcome discussion regarding his play with others.

However, if you look at Dak Prescott and question his mental and emotional fortitude, you are wrong. This is a great young man dealing with a horrible tragedy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as you can realize there are many points of view about his QB skills and even some of us that haven't decided just where he is yet.

It is all just opinion and open to debate but I do respect your opinion about what you think about him. I am just undecided at this point. I believed, like Aikman, that you can't fix accuracy at this level but then I see him improve and wonder how far can he go? Add to that, Aikman is in his camp even after making that statement.

We do not question the rule until we see the exception. Is he that? I don't know but he's not that QB I saw at Miss St or his first 2 seasons in Dallas. Of all the QB's in the NFL, and it's not just because he plays for my team, he intrigues me the most. His story is unlike most others to start that off and it just keeps unfolding and he's an easy guy to root for.

Aikman had a career accuracy of 61.5% and he was considered to be one one the most accurate QB's coming into the NFL, and we heard it while he played throughout his career.
Dak is at a 65.8% accuracy.
What does it mean, not a whole lot. Where am I going with this, no where. :laugh:

However, it shows Dak is accurate overall, and with his leadership skills, he can get better as to going further in the playoffs.
This is his 5th year, and now has an actual coaching staff. It will be interesting to see how this goes and how opinions may change one way or the other as the season goes. Aikman got there in 4 years with a competent coaching staff.
However some will never change, either good or bad. Last year I went into the season at 50/50, now I am at 60/40, maybe not quite that high. But I am sure pulling for him to succeed as that means the TEAM succeeds. Or as some may say, he will succeed because the team succeeded. :muttley:
Doesn't matter, as long as they win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or you and yours are, .....Why the names so sad.Your warped view is what is wrong in a major way in today's world, only one view counts, yours so pathetic.
No you are the pathetic one. I told you what it was and you got offended. Hit dog holler....there’s is nothing out there that says Dak is average other than your opinion. You can’t even back it up with anything.

Brax

Reaction score
No you are the pathetic one. I told you what it was and you got offended. Hit dog holler....there’s is nothing out there that says Dak is average other than your opinion. You can’t even back it up with anything.
Idiot, do you know what a opinion is? Yours differs from many on this board doesn't make you right . Offended, how stupid can you get.

Darkhound

Reaction score

From what I have seen... most of this amazing stats are on "garbage time"
He (just as Romo once) has not showed up on crucial games.

Trust me, I WANT him to become like Aikman, Rodgers, Breese etc.. but he is not.