McCarthy on Dak "I think he's a remarkable young man"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Idiot, do you know what a opinion is? Yours differs from many on this board doesn't make you right . Offended, how stupid can you get.
Post a unbiased take that confirms Dak is average....and chill with the name calling if you can’t be a adult and get your point across without name calling than what use are you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From what I have seen... most of this amazing stats are on "garbage time"
He (just as Romo once) has not showed up on crucial games.

Trust me, I WANT him to become like Aikman, Rodgers, Breese etc.. but he is not.
Too early to tell what he is IMo. Brees wasn’t Brees until he got Sean Payton.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Once again.. he may (and quite possibly is) a tremendous, leader, a great guy, and an overall super super qualified person. But why can most of you WHO adore him cannot respect those of US.. who think that his QB talent is just AVERAGE?
Because he’s not average. He was #5 in QBR last year in the entire NFL. What can’t you see why we don’t respect those like you that believe he’s just average?

Brax

Reaction score
Post a unbiased take that confirms Dak is average....and chill with the name calling if you can’t be a adult and get your point across without name calling than what use are you?

These are good to average for NFL QBs (what Dak is)These include a lot of garbage time stats like most QBs get , as for the name calling you cool it so will most as you will get what you give. Go ahead and cherry pick the good, make excuses for the bad, we get it you are a Dak homer of the first degree, many here want him to do something other than choke and make excuses like another QB we had. Enjoy the game maybe Dak can excel against a better team instead of folding like a tent. No excuses this year, tired of them Dak either delivers this year or he should be gone (but Jerry will probably pay him), all everyone hears from the Dak homers is it was everyone else's fault, coaches, WR, OL defense, ST, RB, refs and I am sure there will be some new ones this year. I will believe Dak is top 10 when I see results you will just keep wishing and hoping. Yards and TD's Dak is around 14-16 to me that speaks average, throw out the scrub games in 2019 what do you get AVERAGE. He is even pretty average in sacks .
You enjoy Sunday nights game because we will both be rooting for the same QB and team, if it doesn't go good I will have no problem hold the QB accountable or giving him credit if he does something to deserve it.

G COP ATT C% YDS TD int QBR Sack
16 311 459 67.8 3667 23 4 78.8 25
2017 16 308 490 62.9 3324 22 13 69.5 32
2018 16 356 526 67.7 3885 22 8 56.2 56

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These are good to average for NFL QBs (what Dak is)These include a lot of garbage time stats like most QBs get , as for the name calling you cool it so will most as you will get what you give. Go ahead and cherry pick the good, make excuses for the bad, we get it you are a Dak homer of the first degree, many here want him to do something other than choke and make excuses like another QB we had. Enjoy the game maybe Dak can excel against a better team instead of folding like a tent. No excuses this year, tired of them Dak either delivers this year or he should be gone (but Jerry will probably pay him), all everyone hears from the Dak homers is it was everyone else's fault, coaches, WR, OL defense, ST, RB, refs and I am sure there will be some new ones this year. I will believe Dak is top 10 when I see results you will just keep wishing and hoping. Yards and TD's Dak is around 14-16 to me that speaks average, throw out the scrub games in 2019 what do you get AVERAGE. He is even pretty average in sacks .
You enjoy Sunday nights game because we will both be rooting for the same QB and team, if it doesn't go good I will have no problem hold the QB accountable or giving him credit if he does something to deserve it.

G COP ATT C% YDS TD int QBR Sack
16 311 459 67.8 3667 23 4 78.8 25
2017 16 308 490 62.9 3324 22 13 69.5 32
2018 16 356 526 67.7 3885 22 8 56.2 56

"as for the name calling you cool it so will most as you will get what you give"
I don't even know what the hell this means.......

And shut up with the "Dak homer" talk. You don't have to be a Dak homer in order to think he's better than average. Stop it. Hold your QB accountable. That's fine. But you know what you are doing is going much further and its personal. You posted the 3 years of a quarterbacks career to prove he's average.

Brax

Reaction score
"as for the name calling you cool it so will most as you will get what you give"
I don't even know what the hell this means.......

And shut up with the "Dak homer" talk. You don't have to be a Dak homer in order to think he's better than average. Stop it. Hold your QB accountable. That's fine. But you know what you are doing is going much further and its personal. You posted the 3 years of a quarterbacks career to prove he's average.
If you can’t understand when you call folks names it opens the door I can’t help you.
3 out of a 4 year career you agree average. The 4th was padded with 5 games of real scrub teams so it is debatable but I’ll go with the 3 years and see what the 5th brings before he can go to above average/good IMHO. I have no personal anything for Dak he is just a guy who plays football,I have no idea where that is coming from or why you have so much personally invested in him. You go ahead and use a one year, a year they went 8-8 and a year he disappeared in key games as your basis for his greatness that’s fine, me I will stick with my view until he shows me something different.
Go ahead you get the last word in I’m done.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We should move immediately toward canonization to Sainthood. A divine being in our midst with a playoff record of 1-2

And a divine who couldn't get us in the playoffs in the worst division in football.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Basically everyone speaks highly of Dak except for about 15-20 dudes on this forum.

That could mean those 15-20 guys are highly astute football minds or they understand football about as well as my (late) grandma.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you can’t understand when you call folks names it opens the door I can’t help you.
3 out of a 4 year career you agree average. The 4th was padded with 5 games of real scrub teams so it is debatable but I’ll go with the 3 years and see what the 5th brings before he can go to above average/good IMHO. I have no personal anything for Dak he is just a guy who plays football,I have no idea where that is coming from or why you have so much personally invested in him. You go ahead and use a one year, a year they went 8-8 and a year he disappeared in key games as your basis for his greatness that’s fine, me I will stick with my view until he shows me something different.
Go ahead you get the last word in I’m done.
I called you a name? Where at?

He was good in 2016, 2018 and 2019.

khiladi

Reaction score
Opening up about anxiety or depression has nothing to do with being a leader. Brandon Marshall announced in 2011, he was diagnosed with bi-polar depression. This issue has been written about and discussed extensively, particularly since Seau’s death, yet there is once again a re-writing of the narrative. This issue of CTE maybe being responsible or contributing for it was well-known, though the NFL obviously avoids the issue of PEDs influencing it. TO opened up about it when Seau’s death happened and so did Stephen White. But people view guys like TO or Marshall differently than Dak. They’ll completely bash the former two, while using the same to elevate Dak.

This issue has ZERO bearing on Dak’s ability as a QB.

https://www.nfl.com/news/junior-seau-s-death-shines-light-on-mental-health-issues-09000d5d828ebe39

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak's character references and intangibles are impeccable, without question. Yet something is yet in the process of being developed sufficiently to win at the highest level. That'd surely be what is still in question. It's what the Dallas FO must fully find out before they'll willingly award Dak the vast fortune that he seeks. Will the 2020 season provide the answer to that lingering question? Stay tuned for more answers, if you're so inclined -- I'll bet you are! o_O

Last edited: