Twitter: McCarthy on Dak

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't think it would be good for a new coach to come in and say to the QB that will most likely get a long term contract that he sucks.

But as I said, if Dak doesn't take the next step under McCarthy, that means he hit his ceiling. I would HOPE that Dak only gets a franchise tag to see how he does with McCarthy. If he doesn't improve, then we move on. It's the most sensible thing here.

Qcard

Reaction score
I don't think it would be good for a new coach to come in and say to the QB that will most likely get a long term contract that he sucks.

But as I said, if Dak doesn't take the next step under McCarthy, that means he hit his ceiling. I would HOPE that Dak only gets a franchise tag to see how he does with McCarthy. If he doesn't improve, then we move on. It's the most sensible thing here.
Well try convincing the "QB Whisperer Fan Entity" that McCarthy can improve Dak's "accuracy" smh

Reactions: CWR

sean10mm

Reaction score
Shockingly I don't think McCarthy sees Dak as OMG WORST QUARTERBACK EVER!!! like our handful of terminal psychotics here do. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have taken the job.

That doesn't mean he sticks with Dak NO MATTER WHAT, but I can virtually guarantee that he makes a good faith effort to develop Dak into a top tier passer before thinking about replacing him in the draft/free agency. The talk about Dak's imminent replacement with a drafted/FA QB is garbage for babies.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I agree.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers would never admit it because he's a narcissistic tool, but it took years of coaching to fix his fundamentals coming out of college. He was an A+ talent with some really broken technique he learned in Cal.

McCarthy undoubtedly played a role in that in the multiple seasons before he took over from Favre. If anybody makes Dak move into the elite tier For Real, it's McCarthy.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Build it around the running game and defense and let Dak manage the game. That's when he's been the most successful, not when he's throwing it 40 times a game.
Clearly you did not watch the games this year.

The games where we passed early, on early downs, we scored points and built leads, and ran effectively in the second half. Pass first does not mean passing 40 times a game. Our offense was the most successful when we ran it 40% or less in the first half.

When we did what you suggest, we fell behind, and HAD TO PASS MORE. Passing early will actually lead to passing LESS.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Clearly you did not watch the games this year.

The games where we passed early, on early downs, we scored points and built leads, and ran effectively in the second half. Pass first does not mean passing 40 times a game. Our offense was the most successful when we ran it 40% or less in the first half.

When we did what you suggest, we fell behind, and HAD TO PASS MORE. Passing early will actually lead to passing LESS.

Right, and the earth is flat!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Shockingly I don't think McCarthy sees Dak as OMG WORST QUARTERBACK EVER!!! like our handful of terminal psychotics here do. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have taken the job.

That doesn't mean he sticks with Dak NO MATTER WHAT, but I can virtually guarantee that he makes a good faith effort to develop Dak into a top tier passer before thinking about replacing him in the draft/free agency. The talk about Dak's imminent replacement with a drafted/FA QB is garbage for babies.
It will be interesting how the QB position works out.

I think we get a veteran QB who can understand the WCO.

Having had Brett Farve and then drafting Rodgers shows MM knows QBs and what he wants.

MM probably will scrap all the half-baked Garrett plans immediately.

Keep an eye on if they bring in someone to push Dak.

He has never had that.

We will see how Dak handles it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Exactly. What coach has ever had a press conference and said you know what our starting qb is dog expletive? I don’t even get the logic of OP posting that junk like it means something. What else was he going to say?

alicetooljam

Reaction score

I agree, but I think a contract will come...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Damn you just lost some of your fan base......lol

what else would you like him to say publicly with 600camera on him? hes right I mean the playoff game dak players and ton of tape shows some great play.. hes not going to mention in a hire interview that he saw some Bad dak..lol I never once heard Belecheck criticize Brady this year and brady looked BAD...