Twitter: McCarthy on which Connor is starting

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe McGovern is penalized quite often when he plays.

We just hate Williams lol.

With that being said, I’m all for McGovern starting. Williams is gone next season and is often penalized in the most crucial times.
You are wrong, thankfully, he has had a grand total of two penalties in two years.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe McGovern is penalized quite often when he plays.

We just hate Williams lol.

With that being said, I’m all for McGovern starting. Williams is gone next season and is often penalized in the most crucial times.
With williams his reputaion of holding preceeds and refs are going to be on the look out, there has been numerous genuine calls , but there has been a few ticky tack calls also. That is because he i singled out. Kind of Flozell false starts….LOL

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The problem is if you start McGovern you don't have that role he's developed in the offense as the everywhere 6th OL.

I don't know if we can get him up to speed on all those roles, but I really feel Williams could be better in the "move" role because he's got better movement skills than McGovern. McGovern's agility is not as good as the former college left tackle's, but his power is better. Williams should be fine with a head of steam taking on most linebackers and safeties ... if we use him in that role.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I really hope they don't decide to put steele back to LT and have Collins as depth. Steele has done well. Collins is a better player.

I think right now we've got to prepare Steele to be the starter at left tackle and then if Smith is able, he starts instead. I do think Collins is back at RT to stay, though, unless he botches it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think right now we've got to prepare Steele to be the starter at left tackle and then if Smith is able, he starts instead. I do think Collins is back at RT to stay, though, unless he botches it.
Im cool with rotation of smith/steel to keep him healthy, so if you have him for half the game its still getting some solid series from him each game..why not, we rotate backs, safety's, dl, wrs, etc etc

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I do think Collins is back at RT to stay, though, unless he botches it.

Collins was looking like a borderline Pro Bowl RT when he last really played. Should be in the prime of his career. Steele was at best an average starter.

Collins should just be better, and is already up to PFF 82.1.

The oline is looking like a monster going forward. Gimme more Hulk Package!

Reactions: BAT

cowboyed

Reaction score
The problem is if you start McGovern you don't have that role he's developed in the offense as the everywhere 6th OL.
As punishment they likely will put Connor Williams in the jumbo fullback position. :D

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is no great mystery who and where anyone is playing this week despite so many of you being confused about it. La'el Collins has his RT job back. Tyron Smith is going to give it a go at LT but if he has to come out, Terrence Steele will be on standby to take Tyron's place. How hard is that to understand? So many of you feel so strongly about your own wishes on this that you allow it to confuse you on what is actually happening. Connor Williams will remain our LG and Connor McGovern will remain available for the Hulk formation. It's that simple if you don't let your own agendas cloud things.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Looks like maybe Steele will be the person out of all this? I know people wanted Steele and McGovern but looks like that move to get Williams out will also remove Steele. Since Tyron comes back at LT, McGovern at LG, and that means Collins + Steele is left at RT and I think they are going to give it to Collins.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If he's playing FB or TE you sure as heck can.

Putting Connor 66 not 52 in motion split out left to right at the snap he has a head of steam Dak pitches to # 20 with 66 picking up momentum as lead block Tony out of Memphis goes for 16 and a first down . Try it Kellen I don’t need credit if it works…

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
There is no great mystery who and where anyone is playing this week despite so many of you being confused about it. La'el Collins has his RT job back. Tyron Smith is going to give it a go at LT but if he has to come out, Terrence Steele will be on standby to take Tyron's place. How hard is that to understand? So many of you feel so strongly about your own wishes on this that you allow it to confuse you on what is actually happening. Connor Williams will remain our LG and Connor McGovern will remain available for the Hulk formation. It's that simple if you don't let your own agendas cloud things.

You're mixing up Jumbo with Hulk package.

Jumbo has McGovern at FB/TE.

Hulk has both McGovern and La'el in the backfield as blockers for Zeke.

Essentially an inverted wishbone formation.

Jumbo package has 6 OL and Hulk package has 7 OL.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...hows-big-creativity-offers-jumbo-versatility/

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Reactions: BAT